house lights

drummerrhys

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know of a good wall controller to stick on the wall of the controll booth to control the dimmer that will be sppecifically on the house lights?

You might find it easier just to plug in two 500w floods as suggested and run them in to your existing dimmers and desk, rather than buying a zero 88 level 6/simular.

RW

He did ask!

Although, IMHO, chances are you'll have trouble convincing the people who control the money to fork out just to save you a channel! I've tried before, it didnt work!

:) My bad. I failed to mention that we have one dimmer that we never use as there aren't enough sockets on the bars to wire it to.

It is a four channel jobby so I have only had to use it once, and that was only to give me a DMX output to a mover ( it is directly over the proscenium you see :S

It is a four channel jobby so I have only had to use it once, and that was only to give me a DMX output to a mover ( it is directly over the proscenium you see :S

?? Please explain how a dimmer can provide DMX. Unless the DMX is being linked out of it and into something else, but if this is the case then why use the dimmer at all? Why mention it?

?? Please explain how a dimmer can provide DMX. Unless the DMX is being linked out of it and into something else, but if this is the case then why use the dimmer at all? Why mention it?

I one day found myself short of DMX cable with one 20 m lead and one 6 m one. 2o m one from the betapacks output and into the 4 channel ones input then output straight to the movers

Am I missing something? Why if you weren't actually using it as a dimmer did you have it in the DMX chain?

If you simply needed to connect a 20mtr and a 6mtr cable together why not plug them together?

long story...it also worked well the slacken the wires as otherwise I would of had to use a lot of gaffa tying them round lx bars

Am I missing something? Why if you weren't actually using it as a dimmer did you have it in the DMX chain?

If you simply needed to connect a 20mtr and a 6mtr cable together why not plug them together?

long story...it also worked well the slacken the wires as otherwise I would of had to use a lot of gaffa tying them round lx bars

Precisely the reason I should post late at night.

if I hadn't used the dimmer I would of had to put scaffolding back up to reach the lighting bar which is behind the curtains to tie my DMX cable to the bar otherwise it would of just draped across stage. The dimmer simply made the cable pull tight because of the position it is in, so I didn't have to mess around climbing scaffold <_<

(Sorry for any confusion)

Archived