T Bone Microphones

spliglet52

The CD-55s are excellent, and have been mentioned on here in the Yoga original manufactured form, sold by CPC - a topic covered just a day or two ago - but I can't find it at the mo.

They are brilliant, good sounding, very, very tough and cheap.

However - price wise, the Thomann kit includes a bass drum mic and a case - and you can't beat this for the price. Can't say for the kick drum mic, but the others I can recommend as a user for many years now.

They are the one fitted as standard to the mics we're talking about. The clamping faces are parallel, so are a stable and solid fit on any drum rim that has a bit of depth and matching faces. It seems to work fine on the common Premier, Pearl, DW and Yamahas I've tried, plus the unbranded beginners kits. I had problems on an old Gretsch (sp??) kit that had very shallow rims that were almost all curved, being practically a semi-circle in cross section with no parallel faces. On these, they fall off!

I am actually planning on using the BD200 as the SURE or AKG mic's I was planning for the kick have been reclaimed. I will try and hunt the topic tomorrow but will the 55's be ok for overheads or only close range work?

I myself use the thomann EM800s for overheads. brilliant mics for their price. bought them after recommendation from here.

EDIT: just realised how old this thread is, and that I'm reiterating what I said two years ago. my expectations have probably risen since then!

Archived