Hearing protection

timtheenchanteruk

I have just got some ER-20's. They are no where near as good as I thought they might be. I think I might order some Alpines tonight. I think I must have unusually small ear canals or something I cant get the ER-20's in too well, and the old disposable foam ones even when I tried to put in properly they didn't like going in.

Etymotic now make 'baby blue' ER-20's for small ear canals. I don't know what their availability in the UK is, but they're out there. If you're regularly using them, maybe you should consider custom plugs...

Theres some on ebay at the moment for a tenner.

Rich

EDIT: Linky

I have just got some ER-20's. They are no where near as good as I thought they might be. I think I might order some Alpines tonight. I think I must have unusually small ear canals or something I cant get the ER-20's in too well, and the old disposable foam ones even when I tried to put in properly they didn't like going in.

Etymotic now make 'baby blue' ER-20's for small ear canals. I don't know what their availability in the UK is, but they're out there. If you're regularly using them, maybe you should consider custom plugs...

I saw the baby blues, I thought the normals would be ok seeing as I have medium earbuds for my ipod (best thing I brought, my ipod is now always on about 1cm of volume not 2/3-3/4)

I might call up my ear consultant/GP and see what they say.

I should say the current environment is not music its construction, so jigsaws and chop saws a couple of ft away.

Archived