Rental Software for Apple Mac

frazer

These guys work with Filemaker and didn't realise how great the MAC market was :cold: They do now and 2011 will be completely MAC focused!! Hallelulah....

It's good to see this kind of product available for MacOS, but really, they work with Filemaker and didn't realize what the MacOS market was? Filemaker is a division of Apple.

Mac

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have been using hireezy for the past 3 years exclusively.

The products Positives:

Software methodology is fantastic,

The user interface design is very pleasing to the eye, (cool icons, colours and layout)

In modern and integrated features like Youtube Videos, Twitter, SMS notification, brochure creation & more etc

Multi-User application

The products Positives:

Lots of minor bugs in application (i.e. Incorrect tab order in fields, Incorrect reports run when selected to run, Incorrect sorting of package items when added to quotes, and many many more...)

Has become very difficult to get support, even though I have paid for yearly maintenance. I have actually given up.

Package overall is very clunky, slugish. Searching through inventry and updating content is fine and works well but creating quotes and bookings with several packages makes the system very slow.

(I have approx. 800 inventry items)

Not a simiple install process (this may have been refined now)

My business is growing and after 3 years of persisting with it, I am moving on. I need some thing that is rock solid in terms of performance and stability.

I believe more important then feature set, you need to have a solid foundation.

In Summary

Hireezy is a front end for a FileMaker DB, so very similar to Access DB for PC.

Whilst these base platforms provide a great avenue to create fantastic business applications, my experience in both is you are starting your foundation for your business application on the wrong foundation.

Currently looking at

Rental Desk NX

Rent Master

AV Rental DB

HirePos

(NOTE: My comments above are totally based on my own experiences, The circumstances with the above could have changed. I have no affiliation with any firms/companies. I am in the business of film equipment rental. I am a End User of the product)

If anyone can provide any feedback on the products that I am looking into that would be great. (Please do not comment if you have an affiliation with one of the companies mentioned)

Ronji, have you used Hireezy before? I saw that they have just been bought out, or at least had a change around as their website last week said it was no longer operating.

Pete,

Thanks for the advice. Please excuse all the questions. I did not know about Easyjob.

How do you find EasyJob in terms of:

Performance

Stability

Install process and import of inventory data from existing DB. Can I import Excel spreadsheets.

How do you find there support.

How many inventory items do you have in EasyJob.

After looking at there website, What is the difference in various versions.

Which one are you running.

How long have you been running EasyJob.

Do you have any affiliation with EasyJob.

Thanks

Look at Protonic Software's EasyJob. Doesn't run on a Mac, but get a £600 Dell server and run Terminal services on that - solution we have for using it on our Mac's and works a treat.

Pete,

Easyjob 4 and almost 5 looks fantastic and is very comprehensive.

I installed a demo running the backend on MS SQL Express 2005.

How long have you been using it?

Harnz

Pete,

Thanks for the advice. Please excuse all the questions. I did not know about Easyjob.

How do you find EasyJob in terms of:

Performance

Stability

Install process and import of inventory data from existing DB. Can I import Excel spreadsheets.

How do you find there support.

How many inventory items do you have in EasyJob.

After looking at there website, What is the difference in various versions.

Which one are you running.

How long have you been running EasyJob.

Do you have any affiliation with EasyJob.

Thanks

Look at Protonic Software's EasyJob. Doesn't run on a Mac, but get a £600 Dell server and run Terminal services on that - solution we have for using it on our Mac's and works a treat.

Archived