PAR can gobos????/ - birdies

weatherhead

yeh I used a load of these on a show few years ago, they fit on par 16 cans and the two lens' allow you to focus the gobo, is quite q clever idea.....nothing to stop a bigger version of this being created for 64's etc...

Stuart

Maybe the sheer cost of creating a huge lens for the 64.

Thats what stopping larger versions being created

Maybe the sheer cost of creating a huge lens for the 64.
Or more accurately, the fact it won't work.

This method works for MR16 lamps because they are almost a point source - they have very tiny and compact filaments.

The point source allows very simple optics to result in reasonable gobo projection - in fact, you get a reasonably sharp images with no optics at all.

The lens is there to limit spread and to make it possible to vary the size of the beam.

PAR64s have much bigger filaments for fairly obvious reasons. This means that they aren't anything like a point source, and will always have soft edges.

- Look at the beam from a CP60!

Ikea Isbrytares are great, with a tube of congo blue round them , they leak.

Roscoe or Opti kinetics once made an image projection doo-dah for a `64 , used some sort of fresenl lens and took huge and expensive Cibachromes , wasnt very bright and was very expensive as far as remember.

I once needed an effect on the stage of light coming through an overhead grating and showing the pattern of the grating on the stage. As an act of desperation I tried three old 8 inch diameter stepped lenses of some old profiles on the front of long nosed PAR 64s. Much to my surprise I got a nice projection of the safety mesh in front of the lamp on the stage floor. I used three of these and it worked well. Pure luck. The same principle as the par16 projector mentioned above.

• 1 month later...

Archived