Glass bodied microphones

Johnno

They look like mics for the very first top of the POPs... I'm liking your ingenuity but having heard those Gemini mics before I'd say they probably dont sound amazing.. you didnt manage to get a recording using one did you?

I videoed the event from the back of the hall. I'll see whether I can do anything with it for you - I'll have to blank the image for a public screening. Where would you recommend putting the clip? Though to be honest I don't think you'll get much from it.

As I said above we've had problems with sound that we're just starting to overcome. For this show the choir were standing on a stage extension directly underneath the loudspeakers but luckily we did not get any feedback. In previous shows where these mics had been used as lavaliers should, we had gain-before-feedback problems with them. The beltpacks have gain controls on them and I turned them all down on Thursday as the mics were being held to the mouth of the performers. That probably helped control the feedback.

I think my adaptation of the mics would probably not have made the mics sound worse because the rubber bung is clamped on the cable strain relief grommet holding the whole of the mic body clear of the tubing and the performer's hand. As a result it may perform better than it would have pinned to the performer's chest.

For the school management it was a victory in that everyone could be heard throughout the show and we didn't get any feedback at all. Boy is my cred good round here at the moment! (Mods: Why no emoticon with a halo ** laughs out loud **) O:-)

Archived