my pa rig ....... comments welcome !!

dhilly

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't we just have this Question a couple of days ago?

Anyway it's all in the BR WikiI was about to say that but it isn't.

It is now.

Josh

Mods: Can we make the Wiki Link more prominent on the site please so we don't have all of these what does ... mean Questions

excuse...... me.....! its not in there , by the way .

dave.

as for crossovers, dont forget that the Peavey 2600 amps have a crossover built in, so you can kill the mid/high or the bass, id give that a go and see if you are happy with the sound before investing in a dedicated crossover

as for running in bridged mode at 4 ohms, no idea, we regularly use one at 2ohms for 12+ hours at a time (loud too) but never tried it bridged

I think ive got 2 of those amps somewhere.

Although both a bit battered will be willing to sort out a deal if you want em for spares?

They were ex install, I dont think they were treated too well!

students :D

as for crossovers, dont forget that the Peavey 2600 amps have a crossover built in, so you can kill the mid/high or the bass, id give that a go and see if you are happy with the sound before investing in a dedicated crossover

as for running in bridged mode at 4 ohms, no idea, we regularly use one at 2ohms for 12+ hours at a time (loud too) but never tried it bridged

yes , but they are set at 150 hz ... is this ideal ??

I already have the active crossover ( cx 2300 ) , in fact I now have all the gear I listed , except the 2nd peavey amp , that's due delivery anytime now ,

I just wanted to confirm that it was the right set-up , both quality and reliable , and more importantly , I wont damage any equipment in the process eg :- do I run with both amps fully up ?? do I now back off low end in my mix for kick drum and bass guitar etc.......

dave.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I think ive got 2 of those amps somewhere.

Although both a bit battered will be willing to sort out a deal if you want em for spares?

They were ex install, I dont think they were treated too well!

students :D

thanks for the offer , will keep you posted .

dave.

As for cable size the minimum I use is 2.5mm.

You should be ok running two 2 core cables, as long as they are this diameter.

I bought some quality speaker cable from Beyerdynamic just before they stopped selling it, (IS it still available?)

but it wasn't cheap, 30m was about £60.

I'm sure some other blue roomers could point you in the right direction.

John Denim.

http://www.maxiaudio.co.uk/products.php?cat=720

The stuff there looks a lot cheaper, and you get plenty of it!

do I run with both amps fully up ?? do I now back off low end in my mix for kick drum and bass guitar etc.......

Just to be on the safe side, I usually start quietly, check everything's sounding the way it should, then when I'm happy that that's the case I'll push it up to the level I need.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dave,

I own a couple of the FBQ3102 EQ's and I must admit I'm happy with them for the price, they're fader's are smoother than I expected and they've come quite a way from the old GEQ3102's, that's for sure...

For Your Crossover, I would DEFINETLY recommend getting ahold of the DBX Driverack PA's. I own one of these and it's great! It's your X-Over, RTA, EQ, COMP, LIMITER and a whole lot more all in one digital unit. If you set it up well enough, you can save your system setting in it for next time...

Definetly worth a look at. I'm looking at buying a second one or even upgrading to the Driverack 260...

Cheers, Brad. :D

For Your Crossover, I would DEFINETLY recommend getting ahold of the DBX Driverack PA's. I own one of these and it's great! It's your X-Over, RTA, EQ, COMP, LIMITER and a whole lot more all in one digital unit. If you set it up well enough, you can save your system setting in it for next time...

Definetly worth a look at. I'm looking at buying a second one or even upgrading to the Driverack 260...

I'd definately upgrade to the 260 and skip getting another driverack PA. Do a search to find out why they're really not popular. I use the 260 which is great in pretty much every way.

Archived