my pa rig ....... comments welcome !!

dhilly

For Your Crossover, I would DEFINETLY recommend getting ahold of the DBX Driverack PA's. I own one of these and it's great! It's your X-Over, RTA, EQ, COMP, LIMITER and a whole lot more all in one digital unit. If you set it up well enough, you can save your system setting in it for next time...

Definetly worth a look at. I'm looking at buying a second one or even upgrading to the Driverack 260...

I'd definately upgrade to the 260 and skip getting another driverack PA. Do a search to find out why they're really not popular. I use the 260 which is great in pretty much every way.

Good call, I think I shall take your advice there, I've used them before and had my eye on one for a while now :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I own a couple of the FBQ3102 EQ's and I must admit I'm happy with them for the price, they're fader's are smoother than I expected and they've come quite a way from the old GEQ3102's, that's for sure.."

I think from reading this there is obviously some variation in the Behringer FBQ3102's. I had one and will never touch anything EQ orientated from Behringer again as a result. It was absolutely fine, really quiet etc. until you moved even just one of the sliders off 0db, in either a + or - directions, as soon as you did this all you could hear was a background hiss. Which probably would go un-noticed in a band situation but I was using this for pantomimes and musicals and was absolutely not acceptable.

Paul

"I own a couple of the FBQ3102 EQ's and I must admit I'm happy with them for the price, they're fader's are smoother than I expected and they've come quite a way from the old GEQ3102's, that's for sure.."

I think from reading this there is obviously some variation in the Behringer FBQ3102's. I had one and will never touch anything EQ orientated from Behringer again as a result. It was absolutely fine, really quiet etc. until you moved even just one of the sliders off 0db, in either a + or - directions, as soon as you did this all you could hear was a background hiss. Which probably would go un-noticed in a band situation but I was using this for pantomimes and musicals and was absolutely not acceptable.

Paul

I will admit, I've only really used them on bands and comedy (Kevin Bloody Wilson etc,)... Never attempted drama with them... Although I have a production coming up... Might give it a shot... Aside from that, no worries with hiss... However I do find the GEO3102's awful... They sound really muddy in the mid's and I've had a lot of hiss issues with them...

Archived