Avolites Pearl 2004 Simulator Problems - Shapes

Miotch

• 4 months later...

Hi!

with the risk of being of topic id like to ad this comment:

In my expirience its very importand to ad personality files to the Peart 2000/2004 familily via one of the complete personality app disk provided by Avolites. I once copied only the personalities I needed to a floppydisk and made my patch with this disk and this made all my shapes disappear... :-/ Thus I had to make al my moves from position chases... A lot more work!!! Later I montioned this to a collegue and he told me when this happened again to patch a very generic type of fixture (a mac 250 for instance) and this would resolve the situation. But I did not come around to check this solution as I now always use the full app disk. (wich is a pain in the but because it takes ages to copy al the very small files to the floppydisk...

Furthermore one hint: as the avolites shape generator is this very mathematical and abstract piece of software I strongly suggest that you take your learning to a venue and experiment with diferent selection orders of fixtures and (course) spreads in the shapes. This is in my experience the only way to begin to understand how the avo shape generator works.

kind regards,

Manuel Rodrigues

Or have I missed something?!
'2008'personalities work with 2004 & 2000 software loaded pearls.

In my experience its very important to ad personality files to the Pearl 2000/2004 family via one of the complete personality app disk provided by Avolites. I once copied only the personalities I needed to a floppy disk and made my patch with this disk and this made all my shapes disappear... :-/ Thus I had to make all my moves from position chases... A lot more work!!! Later I mentioned this to a colleague and he told me when this happened again to patch a very generic type of fixture (a mac 250 for instance) and this would resolve the situation. But I did not come around to check this solution as I now always use the full app disk. (which is a pain in the but because it takes ages to copy all the very small files to the floppydisk...
Its perfectly fine to make up your own personality disks.. Just remember to copy the file SG.dat (That's the file, that relates to the shape generator) from a pre-made personality set disk, onto your own custom collection disk of personalities.

The other way round to do is to just load the shape file onto the desk from any personality set disk after you've patched in everything from your custom disk. Thats what I've done in the past if I've forgot to stick SG.dat on a custom disk I've put together for a show, worked fine for me!

Think that's cleared all that up...

T

Archived