Studio Lights

antdoran

I have been on the look out for a range of small lanters suitable for very small studio spaces.

I am a technician at a college and there is a small 'mobile' studio (not actualy mobile though!)

It has got a very low ceiling so it is next to impossible to use physicaly large lanterns.

I have just got back from the Fringe and in a small studio space with a low ceiling I saw they had used parcans and very small profiles, smaller than a pringles pot (possibly).

If anyone has any ideas links etc it would be a great help!

When  I dig out my camera I shall possibly upload some pics of the lanterns.

I noticed it had 'black' on the bottom however it was a quick glance so not too sure if that was the make, model, colour etc!!

Thanks

Anthony

Too complex?! The most basic Dedolights are really very simple fixtures ...

The profiles you saw might not have been theatre lanterns at all - there are some display fixtures intended for retail environments which would fit the description you gave. Post some photos, that'd be best - then someone might be able to tell you more precisely what it is you saw.

I have seen some mini fresnel lights that use a 12 volt 100 watt halogen lamp, available with or without integral transformer.

These are intended for retail display lighting, but the adjustable beam angle and gel holder might make them suitable for very small theatre type spaces.

I installed a dozen of them to light a small stage area in a pub, for a small space they were a good compromise between "proper" stage lighting and d0m3estic type fittings.

Archived