Screen in my bass drum?

drummerrhys

If you did want to go down the LCD screen route and you'd tested and vibrations weren't too much of an issue, there is nothing to stop you making a fake front for the drum, to contain the LCD in. If your mic is placed elsewhere it shouldn't affect that, and if the screen isn't in the actual drum I'd guess that wouldn't affect the sound too much? It depends on your stage layout, but I do wonder if projection would get in the way too much.

If you did want to go down the LCD screen route and you'd tested and vibrations weren't too much of an issue, there is nothing to stop you making a fake front for the drum, to contain the LCD in. If your mic is placed elsewhere it shouldn't affect that, and if the screen isn't in the actual drum I'd guess that wouldn't affect the sound too much? It depends on your stage layout, but I do wonder if projection would get in the way too much.

I'm gonna agree with this, or maybe some clear perspex? SO you're making a new skin type thing, either to look as if it's a normal skin, or to look as if it's completely not a normal skin?

Projecting from inside the bass/kick will never happen...as others have mentioned, vibrations are not good........unless you're a BEACH Boy

I'll have a think when I'm a bit more sober, some of the front skins should be fairly good to project on, its probably more of a case of whether u want to pay for them. what size are they 22" or smaller?

u could place projectors either hung or on the floor...if on the floor or box then u'l obviously have to keep a clear line of sight, . u should be ok to hang them and use a longish zoom to get the image small enough. Very easy to cut a video mask thats round, either with a vision mixer or in video production.

but might be quite funky to try and map images to more of the kit or even on the drummer with the right colour top.

Archived