It still works!

daifuse

The 'bread bin' Fresnel was the Patt.45 Well known for having the light output of a glow worm, as the designers didn't think a reflector was worth having!

Leafing through some Strand propaganda from 1969, I noticed that they claimed that the Patt 45 had the same beam angle and throw as a 123!

The older Strand stuff is still very common in our part of the world for installed lighting rigs. And one mob still has some of those Furse Patt 23 clones.

The good news is that at least the hire companies (or the larger ones anyway) dont have it on their books anymore. The difference between a 650W selecon flood and a 500W P123 is enormous...

The main problem with using older lighting equipment is being aware of the current safety regulations, if you know what they are, and can keep the equipment with in the current rules, then there is no problems. but because most people dont know about the constant changes, problems do arise. its a constant battle sometimes.

The difference between a 650W selecon flood and a 500W P123 is enormous...

Just set up a rig for a local junior school panto (Cinderella) and I must admit I was astounded by the light output of the Selecon compared to the 123! Methinks I must soon spend some lolly .......

Dave

6x Patt 123, 3x Patt 23 mk1, 3x Patt 23 mk 2, 2x Patt 743's and 2x T-84.

This stuff is used on at least a weekly basis, and despite taking some time to keep running, allow us student to light shows week in week out.

makes a nice 3way cover, 6 spots, 1 wash and 2 followspots

HEINZ57 was referring to the Furse version of the Patt45, here is an image from ebay, could not find one easily anywhere else, it has much more rounded sides Furse 500w fresnel

That is the same model as all the ones I chucked in a skip in March! I can't believe someone is selling them on ebay for £175!!! Ok so, they've been converted to take a standard 100W BC GLS for d0mestic use, but WHY!? :P

We still have a couple of them in the "hammered blue" finish, complete with lamps and barn doors! Maybe I'll convert them and sell them for a million % of what they're really worth!... :P

HEINZ57 was referring to the Furse version of the Patt45, here is an image from ebay, could not find one easily anywhere else, it has much more rounded sides Furse 500w fresnel

Yup those are just like the ones we had at college.

Accept ours where darker and duller. Probs because they was left in the basement tech room for heaven knows how long. Collecting dust, not being used at all. They only got to see the light of day once a year, and that was for PAT testing!

The Sirius24 still worked fine when I left and the place shut. At times it worked better than the GSX! -- the switch on the GSX had a tendency to stop working (hence my first topic on BR) it did it about 2 or 3 times since then! All of which was after we sent it to be repaired (dodgy soldering probably)

I use a Patt 23 to light the noticeboard in my office....

Now there's one for the green thread :angry:

At soem point in the not so distant past, my home hallway was lit with 2 Mk1 Patt23's and a Patt123 fitted to a perch rail in the stairwell. Each downrated to 150W, it now sports 2 CFLs. :oops:

Edit: Smile shows JavaCode

Archived