Power Amplifier to Audio Snake

AllStarEvents

Are the 2 phono inputs on the same channel?

If you have a stereo channel, then use both phono connections on that channel.

If you have 2 mono inputs, then use one for L and one for R. Set the pan (balance) on the first channel to left and the second channel to right. This will then be stereo. You'll then need to use both faders to control the volume.

ok,

can I connect a dj mixer to a 8 channel mixing desk and when I use the dj mixer will it lower the volume on the 8 channel mixer

Eh?

Why would connecting anything make the FOH mixer lower?

Sorry, please re phrase the question, what do you mean?

As per original post.

Cable carrying a powered signal (as in from an amp) in this instance should be no less that 1.5mm per core.

Where is the equipment going to be located?

Might I suggest all of it apart from the speakers be OFF stage, its a whole lot easier this way.

Fan noise will be not be heard over a PV 1500!

ok,

can I connect a dj mixer to a 8 channel mixing desk and when I use the dj mixer will it lower the volume on the 8 channel mixer

You can connect it in various ways, are you wanting to do this via the multicore/snake? It will only lower the output if you turn the volume down on the desk.

But please do remember to add more detail into your posts!

Clearly, when Tom added me on MSN and asked me this very question and I answered in detail, he didn't believe me so thought he'd check here, in "The Next Generation" of all places. So not only does he not believe what I say, he intends to ask people wearing arm bands.

Still, not to worry eh,

Clearly, when Tom added me on MSN and asked me this very question and I answered in detail, he didn't believe me so thought he'd check here, in "The Next Generation" of all places. So not only does he not believe what I say, he intends to ask people wearing arm bands.

Still, not to worry eh,

I would have thought the SPaG in all of the OPs posts would have been warning enough without the need for armbands.

in "The Next Generation" of all places.

I think it was posted originally in Sound, Rob.It got moved to here for obvious reasons.....

Personally I would not be in charge of sound in any production if I had to ask questions like this.

OP, Rob Beech is one of the best, if you dis-regard his advice, (I don't know, you may not) via a personal email then you may as well try to do it alone.

I'd be inclined to ask for some help on the night.

I do not mean to condescend, you need to learn the basics before anything else.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

So not only does he not believe what I say, he intends to ask people wearing arm bands.

To add.

So everyone but yourself wears armbands Rob? :unsure:

No, but the next generation. It is nothing against our younger members, far from it. But the area is about people who are just learning in the industry, so to use arm bands seemed ok.

I have been out all day spending money I shouldn't be spending, so apologies if it was in sound and got moved.

Archived