WYSIWYG

Alexb_01

Hi,

I'm very new to using WYSIWYG so please excuse any ignorance I may display.

I was wondering if there are any good offline-editors or other kind of virtual console I could use to send DMX data to WYSIWYG to virtually run and visualise shows without the need for any kind of physical console?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

I was wondering if there are any good offline-editors or other kind of virtual console I could use to send DMX data to WYSIWYG to virtually run and visualise shows without the need for any kind of physical console?

Hi Alex

If its just virtual shows you want to run. then I would use Sweetlight the software is free and downloadable and very easy to use once youve read the online manual.

It has a powerful 3d visual mode so you can see what your shows will look like. everything in the 3d viewer is editable so you can (with patience) build your own stage setting.

However if you want to put your virtual shows into practice, sweetlight can be expensive to buy the hardware needed.

Hope thats of some use to you

Regards

Damian Jay

Thanks for the speedy reply,

I'm looking for something to work with WYSIWYG in particular. I'm soon going to be using WYSIWYG more on a course I am doing and was just really playing around with it and trying to get to grips with it.

So I'm looking for something that can interface virtually with WYSIWYG in particular. I'm really just looking for way to virtually control moving fixtures live rather than just create multiple fixed lighting states (like you can do normally in WYSIWYG).

I'm really just looking for way to virtually control moving fixtures live rather than just create multiple fixed lighting states (like you can do normally in WYSIWYG).

Hi Alex

with Sweetlight you can control moving fixtures, most of the latest lighting fixtures (and some hazers, projection screens, LED tubes etc) are in the fixtures library (included in the software). If you have a fixture that is not included, its a simple enough job to create a new fixture and add it into the library.

theres also a support forum to help you out should you get stuck with anything.

Included with the software is a screen that enables you to import music and video into your show and sync it all together with your lightshow.

Theres a builder screen which is set up in the form of a traditional lighting desk, and if you enable the 3d view from this desk, whatever fixture your control on the desk, you will see the fixture respond in real time in the 3d view including gobos and colours.

Only thing with the 3d view, is that when your fixtures appear in the view, you do have to place them where you want, and its possible to adjust the size (scale) of the fixture, orientation, position and colour. All done using a simple X Y Z axis on a slider.

** laughs out loud ** now im sounding like a dealer for sweetlight. But in my honest opinion its a fantastic entry level to working and designing DMX run shows. I downloaded a few DMX software programs and found sweetlight to be easy to start working on straight away. The basics are so simple, and the online forum and manual help when you start getting into the more advanced things.

Wish you well with your search tho

Regards

Damian Jay

Alex has already said he want's something that will work with WYSIWYG,

There are a few that work with WYSIWYG, GRAND MA Offline Editor works, Hog IPC. These are just two I use. There will no doubt be others that will recomend more.

Alex has already said he want's something that will work with WYSIWYG,

Sorry Alex & ToshiBoy, my mistake

I just looked in the Wiki centre (should have done that before, but new to this site)

I took WYSIWYG to mean what you see is .. etc (not being up on all the tech stuff about)

I didnt realise it was a bit of software as well.

Just in case anyone else (new to this site) had the same thaught as me, under the Wiki its listed as :-

WYSIWYG is a piece of lighting design and visualisation software created by Cast Software
Regards

Damian Jay

we have recently tried this and you can do it using another laptop and the Software used in Jands vista lighting consoles.

if you connect both of the laptops to each other either using a Ethernet cable or connect to a wireless network then you can use the ip address that wysiwyg supply in the Options menu and use it as a host. then connect the Patches and universes across into Jands vista and it will work. but you have to then again select all the fixtures and "place" them in the Vista programmer screen which isnt too bad..

I havnt been able to get this too work on just a single laptop yet but two works well..

the said software is avalible free from the jands vista website in one of the Product Resources menus.

see if this was any help.... will proberably get a load of ###### off other members now but whos cares! :** laughs out loud **:

Derrick!

Jands Vista software and Wyg will work on the same PC. Make sure you have downloaded the Wysiwyg/Vista driver file downloadable from the Jands Vista website, you need to set the Wysiwyg host address on Vista as a loopback address. 127.0.0.1 and then again on Vista select Artnet broadcast, and in Wysiwyg change the tab in the device manager from DMX to Ethernet, and connect your universes. It should then work.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Jands Vista software and Wyg will work on the same PC. Make sure you have downloaded the Wysiwyg/Vista driver file downloadable from the Jands Vista website, you need to set the Wysiwyg host address on Vista as a loopback address. 127.0.0.1 and then again on Vista select Artnet broadcast, and in Wysiwyg change the tab in the device manager from DMX to Ethernet, and connect your universes. It should then work.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Im having issues trying to connect the offline jands Vista and R22 together. I have installed the driver and followed the instructions.

in Vist I have connected universes 1(-4) to Output device Wysiwyg/ Wyg port 1(-4) and connected universes report:

1, Wyg port 1, Wysiwyg, user Pref, UDP, Unknown

in R22 I have added the console then in properties selected Ethernt, but I only have 1 bind option:

EDMX, patch universe, not bound, -

oking this then trying to connect gives the error: could not connect the following consoles: jands vista;

any help will be appreciated.

• 9 months later...

You need to create a new universe on wyg and then bind it to the vista console (make sure you select ethernet not DMX in the binding menu). In the vista patch option, select whichever universe you need and select the wyg port you bound your universe to.

That should work

Hello there!

I'm new at this, and a friend of mine lend me WYSIWYG r22 to try. I'm slowly learning the basics, but I still have a problem.

The thing is, I tried to control a show live using mini-console.But, when I try to insert Mini Console device on the show, I just can't find it on my list. Is this normal? It would normally be under Consoles>Cast right?

Help please!

Archived