recommendations please

psy

you sure they look good on paper? take a look at the top box, notably the "max SPL". if by 'max' they mean 'peak' then I dont think they're going to be much better than what he had last time. I dont know the specs of his last system offhand, but at 120dB peak, it certainly isn't that loudest box out there.

to the OP: on the subject of buying 18" boxes, what transport do you have for this stuff? obviously, buying big subs is a bit of a silly investment if you cant move them.

True, but bear in mind I work in some pretty small venues, and yet carry QSC top boxes which peak at 131dB. that's considerably louder! However, I did pay a lot more for them than is budgeted here. Frankly, I think the best this guy can do for new kit would be to try those new Mackie SRM450 V2s, pending any input from other users' experiences, as I have none. I just hope they solved the manufacturing problem from the original chinese ones where the magnets fell off the baskets!

It is all relative. They look good compaired to the OPs last system. They also are powered which is probably a good way to go with the OPs budget if looking at new kit.

Josh

Er, that depends entirely on whether his 'refund' will include taking the amp back to Maplin...

Ooooh at £380 a pop those PS-8s from SSE look tempting!

I was thinking the same thing, expensive but its Nexo at the end of the day and you get what you pay for.

A couple of PS-8's and a suitable sub should sound very nice, but way out of your budget as the LS 400 is £450 and you would still need amps and a controller.

Its worth giving SSE a call, I was there just after xmas and they have loads of 2nd hand stock they are selling and I expect not all of it has gone on the website yet. Its worth giving them a bell telling them what your budget is and ask them what they would recomend. They have always given me excellent customer service.

Chris

Ooooh at £380 a pop those PS-8s from SSE look tempting!

I was thinking the same thing, expensive but its Nexo at the end of the day and you get what you pay for.

A couple of PS-8's and a suitable sub should sound very nice, but way out of your budget as the LS 400 is £450 and you would still need amps and a controller.

Its worth giving SSE a call, I was there just after xmas and they have loads of 2nd hand stock they are selling and I expect not all of it has gone on the website yet. Its worth giving them a bell telling them what your budget is and ask them what they would recomend. They have always given me excellent customer service.

Chris

I thought I saw ps 10's?

Archived