Taking control

cedd

David you're an absolute star! I'm very very jealous of clever people! I've only just got my head around C and that took long enough!

Give me a couple of days to get to my show control PC (currently installed in a theatre) and then I'll hve a play and report back.

Cheers

Chris

Any chance of the drop down having samples of the icon's David, or some kind of pop-up form to click and choose one, rather than having to scroll through them all? I guess this may also apply to Serial Buttons.

Also without too much feature creep, and again I guess this might be relevant to Serial Buttons, what about having the option to make a button a toggle button that sends say a note on and a note off (or I guess two definable messages), depending on what state it's going to and from. Obviously they won't necessarily be in sync with your system at the start of the show, but as soon as you've clicked on them they would give you a good indication of say reverb type or a mute group status.

Other than that, seriously impressive work, as a programmer I'm impressed about your time and dedication and actually writing something nice and useable for other people. I so often end up writing a nice back end and then hacking together a quick and dirty GUI to get the job done.

Any chance of the drop down having samples of the icon's David, or some kind of pop-up form to click and choose one, rather than having to scroll through them all? I guess this may also apply to Serial Buttons.

What I'd like to implement in due course is an "Icon Chooser". With so many icons, it would possibly need multiple pages though. (say 50 to a page?) Also, the ability to edit the icon list is something I've thought about.

Also without too much feature creep, and again I guess this might be relevant to Serial Buttons, what about having the option to make a button a toggle button that sends say a note on and a note off (or I guess two definable messages), depending on what state it's going to and from. Obviously they won't necessarily be in sync with your system at the start of the show, but as soon as you've clicked on them they would give you a good indication of say reverb type or a mute group status.

I guess having two sets of properties for each button would be the way to go. There would also be a momentary / toggle selection on a per button basis.

For momentary action, it would use the first data on the mouse-down event, and the second one on the mouse-up event.

The toggle action would be similar, but require 2 clicks. (alternate action)

Other than that, seriously impressive work, as a programmer I'm impressed about your time and dedication and actually writing something nice and usable for other people. I so often end up writing a nice back end and then hacking together a quick and dirty GUI to get the job done.

I do try to make user friendly software when it's released, but I still write "quick 'n' dirty" stuff for my own use!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived