Inexpensive 12" self powered speakers

david.elsbury

Don't know how I missed that page before... except it's not in english either :P

:unsure:

Click on the union Jack at the top of the page, it magically turns to english!!

Then select active speakers and scroll down

Hi all

Looking to spec a new set of FOH speakers for a church I've become involved with.

Predominantly speech, vocals and piano at the moment but the occasional full band work as well.

Currently they have JBL EONs, 12"/1" (which are *horrible*)

Looking at replacing with either the D&B Basic 400 or the D&B Opera Live 402.

Also seeking opinions on the Samson S-curve 231 (2x31band GEQ) and the Sennheiser E840 vocal mic.

Working to a budget, as always, but don't at all need to be rider friendly.

Hit me with your best shot... Cheers :)

David

Hi,

The Mackie C300z (srm450 without amp) is due to be discontinued or superseded so you can pick up new for little money at the moment. The Proel Flash 12 is a good cheap option.

Ade

AA SYSTEMS

senheiser pay a little bit more for the 835 or 845 out of choice

I wouldn't necessarily, the 840's have always sounded fine to me - but aren't the 835's cheaper anyway? Either way, FWIW, we've got a few 840s that sound absolutely fine, I certainly wouldn't say you needed to go any higher in spec than them. I wouldn't say they're as robust as 58's, but ours have had a fair few knocks and drops and are still absolutely fine.

If anything you may be able to get away with something a bit less!

Archived