Jands Vista

michael

Sorry! I'll wait until I'm older to post in the future!

Age doesn't really matter. There are some young people who can give good advice (although it is unfortunately the exception rather than the rule). Equally, there are a number of blethering idiots who are incapable of making a useful contribution, yet have the benefit of 30+ years of life....

What does matter is experience. In particular comparative experience. If you've used a product, then you may be able to comment on it. But unless you've used it in a production environment (as opposed to a quick demo at a trade show, or even a training course), and you've used other products to a similar level, then it's difficult to see how you can give useful, objective, comparative advice.

From what some people have said we don't actually use the stylus with the screen we just use it as a normal touch screen which actually has worked well so far
Erm.. I'm sure last time I used a Vista, I couldn't use it/trigger things on the screens without the pen/stylus? Hopefully Andy or Paul from AC'll be able to confirm or correct that shortly.

T

From what some people have said we don't actually use the stylus with the screen we just use it as a normal touch screen which actually has worked well so far
Erm.. I'm sure last time I used a Vista, you couldn't use it without the pen/stylus? Hopefully Andy or Paul from AC'll be able to confirm or correct that shortly.

T

Can a mod delete my comment or something?? Enough people have given decent answers and my one is just causing a stir with people who know more than me!!

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the screens on Vista,

I'll try and clarify it.

The T2 & T4, use a Wacom Tablet that requires the Pen, or the touchpad built into the console, or external mouse.

The Tablet gives a very good accuracy against a touch screen, which is why the Vista has so much information on the screen.

The I3 has the brain of a T2/T4, but the similar body to the S3, so you add you own screen, this can be a Tablet screen, Touch screen (like an ELO) on a std monitor, using a mouse. If I was using a touch screen, I would also have a mouse for when accurate pointing is needed like the colour picker.

The USB-512, M1,S1and S3, all need a PC or Mac, so if you have a tablet PC, or a Tablet/Touch screen you can use those as well as a std monitor.

I hope this helps.

The USB-512, M1,S1and S3, all need a PC or Mac, so if you have a tablet PC, or a Tablet/Touch screen you can use those as well as a std monitor.

I hope this helps.

A touchscreen is definantly easier/quicker though. Especially if your in my boat. Comming from a touchscreen T series to then program on a non-touchscreen "S" was a tad-bit tiresome.

Archived