behringer lighting for dummies

gene570

The dimmers in question don't need reverse polarity...

Gene570, in the top right of the Display sceen on the dimmer pack is there a little LED which flickers when you have connected the desk? This light is the indication that the dimmer is receiving a DMX signal.

The dimmers in question don't need reverse polarity...

Ah, ok sorry, ignore me then :rolleyes:

I will second letting us know where you are from to see if anyone would be able to come and help you.

Jon

Finally success! Just to give you guys the end of the story here it is........I own a total of 4 dimmer/relay packs (chauvet DMX-4) and at one point or another plugged all three of them in trying to get this crazy setup to work. Seems that one of the dimmer packs was bad (right out of the box) and accepts no signal. Checked all of the fuses and just plan to send it back to Chauvet. Something that makes things alittle more difficult is that I have a day job which seems to get in the way of my sound and light hobby as of late (joking about that....I think) so it all slowed things down alot!! Once I plugged a "WORKING" dimmer into the correct setup all was well with the world.

Here is the the other thing I discovered...at one point I thought my 5 pin to 3 pin adapter was bad so I took the back of the LC2412 apart to check what wires were on what pins 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. There are only 3 wires hooked to this 5 pin female plug. The other 3 are blank. I noted that someone was asking about color of wires and their assignment due to the fact that they dropped it off of the table or something....here was mine coming out of the LC2412.....blue is ground, red hooked to black on my DMX cable and green hooked to white on the DMX cable that I cut in 1/2 to experiment with.

I appreciate all of the solid advice as I am very new to this stuff. In the meantime (before fixing) I purchased a Chauvet stage designer 50. Similiar board, takes up less room in the rack, seems to be more compatable with the dimmers and was 199 dollars. All I need is to be able to turn light on, dim them when needed, and turn them off after a show, but the DMX part of this is rathr fasinating.

If anyone has any DMX-4 chauvet dimmerrs they would like to sell please let me know gene570@yahoo.com

Thanks for the assistance!!!

Gene

... so I took the back of the LC2412 apart to check what wires were on what pins 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. There are only 3 wires hooked to this 5 pin female plug. The other 3 are blank.

That's exactly what you'd expect. It's a 5 pin plug, but only 3 are used - pin 1 is ground, 2 is data-, 3 is data+

The actual colour of the wire isn't relevant.

Archived