ETC Ion Syntax

IRW

It doesn't really matter I suppose, but as I'm a Strand user that normally uses CUE # RECORD it is very annoying that a brand new (£10k+) console won't do what a decade old piece of equipment can...

Gareth.

So is it very annoying or doesn't it really matter??? :stagecrew:

What's the fuss, guys? It's like getting a new car where the indicator stalk is on the other side of the steering column. You'll get used to it within a few minutes and stop thinking about it.

Thanks to those who have replied so far. I am aware of what the manual says about recording cues, groups etc, but as I said, I am sure we typed it how we would have on a Strand console! I have posted the question in the ETC forum, so if I get any replies I shall let you all know!

Ian

that was my first thought when it came to using an ion. im use to a 300. with that I could either "cue # record *" or "record cue # *" I liked that it would do it either way. in is too specific.

Had exactly the same feelings (using the Eos). It doesn't really matter I suppose, but as I'm a Strand user that normally uses CUE # RECORD it is very annoying that a brand new (£10k+) console won't do what a decade old piece of equipment can... Though not quite as annoying as the Eos' sprawling layout (IMHO).

Gareth.

why don't you go and buy yourself on then? :unsure: I can't read it any more "on my Strand desk I could do xyz". It is not a Strand desk. If you miss your decade old piece of 'equipment', go buy a used one.

What I don't understand is, people are called technicians, because they using technical equipment (i.e. lighting desk), so why are people not willing to expand their horizon and learn something new. Is that because life in the lighting box is such a nice little routine and we are afraid of anything new?

Just my 2 p

Have a nice Sunday

Rob Halliday, Continues 500 Series user but also and EOS user and? So becuase I programmed on a strand for 2 years straigt, im not a fully feldged technician (whatever the criteria is) When im programming, Im sometimes told what desk im using, for instance, A few months back, I used a Congo, I have never ever used one and never thought I would but becuase I was required to I learnt it did the training and also got the offline editor and learnt how the software worked.

Im sorry, if you think that becuase a person dont learn more than one desk they dont deserve to be called technicians is just dam right ignorent.

Im sorry but thats how that came across to me.

Sorry if no-one else found it that way as im sure it was meant with the best intentions.

"I really don't believe you can be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to lighting consoles; I think you really have to be a master of one." Rob Halliday http://www.robhalliday.com/Programming/Programming.html

Im sorry, if you think that becuase a person dont learn more than one desk they dont deserve to be called technicians is just dam right ignorent.

Im sorry but thats how that came across to me.

Sorry if no-one else found it that way as im sure it was meant with the best intentions.

"I really don't believe you can be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to lighting consoles; I think you really have to be a master of one." Rob Halliday http://www.robhalliday.com/Programming/Programming.html

Sorry if my point came across that way. What I mean is, it is not a Strand 500, why should it work exactly like one. I just get this question asked far to many times.

Archived