Martin 'Freekie' with Dimmers

Happy Jack

I suspect this may be beyond the capabilities of the little desk, but hear me out :

We've finally decided to start using our Pulsar Rackpack with the Freekie we own. Having sat down today briefly and recorded some basic on / off states with a few PARs at various intensities, I noticed each scene 'snaps' to the next. There is no curve or slope regardless of the duration of the fade in time. Great for bands, not so for walk-in mood or ambient lighting. I am aware of dimmer profiles, but can it be possible that this little desk isn't able to process these delicate, slower transitions...

I suppose the next question then is, what allows for this sort of functionality? What is absent?

Either I'm missing something very obvious, or the Freekie just isn't up to the task. I'd like to hear from other Freekie users on this.

The Freekie hasn't been really designed for controlling dimmers. It can only fade the Dimmer channel and Pan/Tilt of each fixture, all other channels will snap. So per fixture (max. 12 ch) only those 3 channels will fade according to the entered fade time.

Not 100% sure

but check the mode selection that deals with X/Y and 'all fade'

The freekie is a scanmaster guts with a slight change to the op system

the scammaster sorry scanmasters have the option the swap between

all fade-generics

and X/Y just for movers

I think on the freekie it means setting the a set of chans in that fixture patch

set the pan and tilt to 'none' I think and then all of the chans in that patch should respond to fade times

CB

Archived