ETC Source FOUR PAR

Eddiethetie

Or are you thinking of the S4 ParNel, Jam?

Ah, yes I am. Sorry for the mix up - yeah it's the Parnel's I'm using that have the Halo effect. And yes, the Multi-pars are the knock offs (good if your budget is cheap and can't buy the S4 Pars)

ETC atually has a MultiPAR fixture in the range that is available in 3-cell, 4-cell and 12-cell variants.

Have a look at this link.

So you don't have to abandon ship for knock-offs of questionable quality :D

Kind regards

Erik Larsen

Market Manager

ETC

Speaking of knock-offs similiar designs to the ETC Par, I couldn't help noticing similarities in Behringer's new(ish) UltraPAR UP1200;

http://www.behringer.co.uk/EN/images/products/UP1200_P0834_Right_web.jpg

designed to take Behringer's own 575W GY9.5 lamp.

We have some of both the PARs and the PARnels. I also didn't realise the lenses in the PARs are supposed to be concave - I assumed somebody had turned ours round for a bit of variation as we only have the single lens for each now (as opposed to the entire selection).

The PARnels are generally useful, they're not as ideal as mentioned but they serve well for a variety of situations. We have used them successfully for architectural lighting as well in the past.

Why is the Behringer copy upside down?

And how come it appears to be on, but has no cable coming out of the hole where one would expect to see said cable? Is this the next generation of wireless dimming? :)

Maybe it is battery powered??

Archived