live laptop sound

ron gunn

Ive recently replaced my toshiba laptops power supply from a 3pin cloverleaf plug type, to a fig of 8 2 pin powersupply also 19v 5a. The annoying background noise has gone away.

I guess 0v dv on the psu was grounded to the earth pin, causing the interference problem, which isnt just a hum loop type buzz, but cured by earth lifting.

Has anyone done a sound comparison on Interspace I2s pc headphone balance box, compared to a usb, and 2x di boxes?

I'm still unable to post freely on this site over this earth lifting lark on laptops. I bought a ground loop isolator of ebay for a few quid and it solved the earth hum problem.

Ive recently replaced my toshiba laptops power supply from a 3pin cloverleaf plug type, to a fig of 8 2 pin powersupply also 19v 5a. The annoying background noise has gone away.

Do you have a link for where to get one?

Do you have a link for where to get one?

I have just had a similar problem, I sourced a replacement from RS Components, not cheap but quick and effective.

Brian

Archived