Plasa 09

Jerome

Oh and one of those quick wrench things I saw 3 years ago but never got, that I have never seen again.

If you mean the "Super Wrench" I don't think they've got a stall this year, but you you buy the set from their website here. I've found mine to be pretty good...

Gareth.

That's the one.

Have not seen any comments but did anyone notice that this year the ticket isn't sponsored and there seems to be a lack of London guide.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
robe plasma spots and there moving head projectors look kinda interesting. in fact anything I can find with plasma spots. I've heard not only do they kick arse in lamp life but they also get brighter as they get older... probably track down the one true ring with them n everything!

Im looking to see if I can get a fair deal on x4 scrollers , PSU , standard scrolls and some scroller cable. Not a massive amount but hope I can save a little bit rather then going through our supplier. Probably not , but its worth a try.

Also hoping to bump into friends old and new.

I met the lovely Paul and Ken (10 out of 10) on a recce the other week for a show im lighting in the same venue as they are in at the moment! Nice to see BR members for real!!

I could do with a new cup for work!!! - but thats it!

Oh and one of those quick wrench things I saw 3 years ago but never got, that I have never seen again.

If you mean the "Super Wrench" I don't think they've got a stall this year, but you you buy the set from their website here. I've found mine to be pretty good...

Gareth.

That's the one.

Have not seen any comments but did anyone notice that this year the ticket isn't sponsored and there seems to be a lack of London guide.

I've seen these on one of the shopping channels as well, though I'm not sure that they are really offering bargains on those channels.....

we bought some a few PLASA's ago, and I can't say they've been universally incorporated into our boys' daily-use toolkits in the way that say the 17/19 podger and the quad have.....but they are good for awkward corners.

My favourite tool in the box is the 50mm podger, but again rarely used....

Definitely check out the pre-release version of Jands Vista 2 (or "Vista Byron" :D ). Except for the slightly odd name, it is very, very good. They claim to have fixed all the things people didn't like about Vista and, while I was sceptical of that claim initially, they have actually ticked off all of my moans.

Command line entry, simple fade times (and split times), submasters(!), full tracking backups and media server thumbnails(!!) are some highlights, but in sum total they have completely re-written the software from scratch and cut out the previously stupid bits. I don't know whether it will bring the Vista back into the front line equation, but it certainly looks like a big improvement.

Propper release is due end of the year - all hardware remains unchanged. If you're thinking of getting a Vista any time soon the word is that V1 users will get a free update, but the "new" price will be going up, so might be worth buying sooner...

Gareth.

Well after the advise in this thread I didn't go in my "offical" blacks, and went casual!

I don't know whether it is because I can't afford them, nor have use for them, but most stands seemed to be offering some form of LED lovely - be it video wall, pipes, or blooming bright sources. Starcloths and the cyc from S+H look interesting, and a future purchase for work. The one thing I wanted to see was in use on the stand next door, but not on the stand of the seller - the Chain Runner, which looks set to solve a problem at work.

Really good to see the lightlok in action since last year - still no need for it though, which isn't much help to them!

Seemed a bit empty, which is sad.

After two days my feet are sore... but it was worth the effort.

The new Soundcraft Si1 is quite cute; Roland have bought out a 12 fader 19" rack version of their M400 that has 4 layers for inputs and the same electronics as its bigger brother. Digico

Neutrik have bought out the successor to the Acoustilyser - class 1 or 2 depending on the mic, A, C & Z weighting, Leq and C peak allows for NAW measurement, and it can also do L10 etc., logging, FFT (including narrowband), RT60, polarity and STIPA. I'll update the "which SLM shall I buy" thread as this one has loads of features for reasonable money. Some goodies are extra cost modules though.

Flashy blindy things that burn the retina and fill every surface with low resoloution graphics were in abundance, indicating Haitz's Law was probably right after all.

Seminars wise, some good debate in Assisted Listening Systems for Education, but I fear that what is being touted as "necessary adherence" to the DDA is actually detrimental to users in some cases. The green lighting for HOW seminar suffered rather poor attendance - even with the excellent Richard Cadena presenting.

Evert Start's presentation on Optimisation of Speech Intelligibility went down well apparently, and Steve Jones managed to condensed some of the D&B electroacoustics seminar into two short sessions. The D&B T series boxes are gorgeous, and I want lots of them.

Best "stand bait" award goes to AC-ET for sending a couple of PR girls in T shirts and shorts each wearing a snug fitting Petzl Bod Fast and promoting a Rigger's Radio. Nice try guys!

I liked the "pan & tilt" steerable speaker arrays (although they perhaps haven't matched the excellent Intellivox range yet), Coda Audio's 4 x 18" bin with velocity feedback and omni / cardioid capability (got a Plasa Innovation Award) and perhaps the most useful blag... Neutrik guitar picks!

Time for bed now...

Simon

On the tube currently heading towards Baker Street.

I've been told its a bit bare this year in comparison to previous years. Going to have a look at the GLP Impression, PRG Stand but mainly hunt round rigging stalls. Anyone down today (Tuesday) if you spot me (Grey hoodie with black stripes) give us a shout!

Bandit! if they have a stall this year usually have beverages and crisps but I have acquaintances that are usually on the stall so I get it easy haha!

See you there chaps.

Dan

Archived