Strong Magnets and Wireless Mics?

hev17

Try getting two neo magnets (reasonable sized ones) get a friend to clench a fist around one,then you do the same with the other, put your nuckles together or try too.

You will feel a strong pull or find it very hard to put them together.

Im talking about magnets about 2x5x4 cms.

scott

so that would be a few cm's then like I said - and it's really not a strong pull. It's very hard to get them apart predominantly because of their size as it's hard to get a purchase (example, snap a pencil in half, quite easy; now take one of those halfs and try to snap it in half, much harder; now snap one of those pieces in half, it's virtually impossible but the pencil hasn't suddenly become stronger it's simply the difference in grip you are able to get) If you'd like I could take you thru the complete sums to proove it as I use a lot of them on a regular basis? Neo's are the most powerful inert magnet commonly available but they are not (by any stretch of the imagination) "really powerful" as even a really big one only has a "range" of a few cm's. A "powerful magnet" would be the electromagnets used in MRI's where they have an effect that can be measured metres away.

It's also a completely false direction to have taken your question in and it greatly confuses the situation. You won't get a box made of Neodinium IronBoron (neo's) because of how it's made and more importantly how it's magnatised so your question is completely irrelervant to the problem you've been asked to address; as others have pointed out there's plenty of other forces and principles that would come in to play. Finally how is the radio mic going to be used in relation to the box; are you putting one inside this mythical magnetic box, or is it the receiver in the box, or will there just be one in the same room as the mic? What about the box itself, what is it made of, how has it been magnatised and to what strength?

Archived