Time Code Avolites Pearl to Audio?

TomTom

See manual p.201-202.

In summary:

Playback page = Program change

Fire playback @xx% = Note on, note number (playback 0-14 decimal), key velocity (level)

Use aftertouch on chases for additional controls.

cheers.. would it be easier to use the pearl as master first... record the show into sequencing software (reaper now) and them switch it back to slave to run it after tidying up any mistakes it the manual running of it?

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I am running a dance show, the show will have alot of lighting cues that need to be triggered during each track. I am using an avolites Pearl 2004 and was thinking of creating all my chases etc and programming a script file for each track in the show. I would then load up the required script file and trigger it to start on a MIDI Time code using an external clock which I assume is over the MIDI ports.

I have a laptop with an Edirol UA-4FX sound card which would be used on the show for both audio out from the PC and MIDI messages. What I am stuck with is finding a piece of software (preferably free) that can be used to load each track of the show and when play is hit start the MIDI Time Code from 00:00:00 (hours:mins:secs) so that the script file begins to run.

Any ideas on software? or any other way to automate the show using the pearl.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Was wondering how/if you managed to work this out. I am currently working on getting a setup running myself. From what I understand, the best way to achieve what you are doing is to program the lights for the song, set the pearl midi mode to master, plug it into a sequencer/ DAW (that has the audio track in it), Run the cues for the song manually along with the song, while recording the midi data from the Pearl. Then quantize the midi track to put every cue right on the beat, set the midi mode to slave, run the sequence and presto, auto light show.

Archived