Turbosound PA

Jazzhands

• 3 weeks later...

Well I`ve found out that one of my 115s has blown its driver which may well explain why there wasn`t a lot of bass coming from it. Though I do think the settings when run parallel from the subs to the tops give a total different sound to if you feed the sub direct, as the guy at the Pa place did. In fact the only reason I havent heard the fault is that when run parallel the bass wasn`t loud enough to hear the fault.

Will report back after recone and having the system set up by a guy who sells and runs turbosound gear!!!

Here`s hoping.

Thanks Rob, I`ve ordered the kit and it`d going over to Keighly to the guy who apparently designed the sub!!

I`m hoping the guy will know the reason for it going as turbo stuff is usually pretty bomb proof and as I`ve hardly used the subs I`m guessing I probably inherited the problem unwittingly.

It`s gonna be about 150plus vat and 20 quid to fit-that sound about right??

• 1 month later...

So I `ve had the bass cab repaired and whilst in the shop the guy demo`d for me some turbosound 12" bass drivers ( non powered ) which instead of being band pass where bass reflex I think, obviously they were a tighter sound than my 15`s but I was surprised at how much more sound went through them generally. The crossover must have been set to allow some slightly higher freq. through. However my point I think was that they were pretty loud/effective , even though they looked reasonably old.

Would I be a fool to have 12" subs with 15" tops?

Would I be a fool to trade in my powered 15" subs ( approx worth £600 ) for these cabs (probably older) £600 and then buy a suitable amp to run with tops?

To be fair I haven`t used my system since the repair but as an A-B comparison the 12" gave much more impact. Any thoughts please??

So I `ve had the bass cab repaired and whilst in the shop the guy demo`d for me some turbosound 12" bass drivers ( non powered ) which instead of being band pass where bass reflex I think, obviously they were a tighter sound than my 15`s but I was surprised at how much more sound went through them generally. The crossover must have been set to allow some slightly higher freq. through. However my point I think was that they were pretty loud/effective , even though they looked reasonably old.

Would I be a fool to have 12" subs with 15" tops?

Would I be a fool to trade in my powered 15" subs ( approx worth £600 ) for these cabs (probably older) £600 and then buy a suitable amp to run with tops?

To be fair I haven`t used my system since the repair but as an A-B comparison the 12" gave much more impact. Any thoughts please??

Used my system sat night and sub worked well but is very subby!! I have heard the EV SBA760 which on the specs doesn`t go as high in frequency as my box yet seemed to have more of the music coming through . . . . .????

Archived