CRB and ISA checks

Jivemaster

And the answer to the original question is in the FAQ...

Q25. For the purposes of the Scheme, what is the definition of a child?

• A young person under the age of 18, except in employment settings, where the

age limit is 16. So there are no requirements on those working with a 16 or 17

year old in employment settings.

CRB and "safeguarding" is currently very high up on Ofsteds agenda...as we've just found out

Just a little hint to any schools expecting ofsted soon!

Steve

Indeed, we've been warned that, among other things, even a propped open external door that could give access to an intruder will result in the school being put under "Special measures".

Indeed, we've been warned that, among other things, even a propped open external door that could give access to an intruder will result in the school being put under "Special measures".

The phrase you are after is "limiting factors" and although its not quite as bad as your quote makes out it does mean that the negatives in a report will outweigh the positives and bring an Ofsted report down.

All staff at schools have to have "safeguarding" training every 2 years, and all people who enter school to work with pupils have to present a CRB and photo ID and then we still have to keep an eye on them

On the flip side I was told to always have an open door policy when working alone with a student. Which is all well and good in most situations except I have to work in a photographic dark room, which as the name suggests isn't exactly a place where you can keep the door open. However many measures they bring in there will always be situations where they cannot work

Steve

We are required to have our desks on the opposite side of the room facing the door, so that we are never between the pupil and exit, so that they are free to exit at any time they wish, and we couldn't be accused of preventing them.

Just to clarify - this is for offices, not classrooms.

My son's on a college course called uniformed services - designed for people who may want to go in the forces, or similar, and one of their units is unarmed combat, and seems to be an excuse for the ex-army tutor to beat the cr*p out of the students while demonstrating. I like this idea, and am not bothered by the bruises my son comes home with when 'he moved' while the teacher was kicking him!

The phrase you are after is "limiting factors" and although its not quite as bad as your quote makes out it does mean that the negatives in a report will outweigh the positives and bring an Ofsted report down.

I'll email our inspector who told us that exact thing, to let him know he wasn't on the ball.

Archived