secondary school lighting

tbexon

Also, remember the person who does the PAT also probably tests the portable psu's in the science labs, the lathe in the workshops, running machines in the gym and hundreds of PC monitors. They're not likely to add "check the lamp hours and consult the manufacturer recommendations about replacement cycles" to make sure the lamp doesn't explode before the next PAT as they won't have the specific knowledge about this equipment to realise it's neccesary in your case.

I am also a student at my school and I get unpaid for the tech I do, But I am part of a company where I am trainee Technician and the company have a contract with the school so when we service and maintenace the lanterns and dimmers at my school I get paid!!

Yes as someone said before do an external inspection and if you feel something's wrong, see the services that normally service in your theatre or your caretaker/sitemanager who SHOULD be qualified with electrical equiptment.

The person at my school who does the saftey/PAT testing is our DT Technician.

Cheers

Archived