Remote Switches (Fat Frog)

OrangeStu

No need to be patronising, I have done plenty of soldering and electronics in the past, but strangely I am just not familiar with the workers of a wireless doorbell.

It's an open contact switch, I don't expect it to work with a wireless doorbell. They're not the same thing - the switch works by just shorting the wires together and creating a circuit, a wireless doorbell will have an RF receiver that you'd have to break out after.

No need to be patronising, I have done plenty of soldering and electronics in the past, but strangely I am just not familiar with the workers of a wireless doorbell.

It's an open contact switch, I don't expect it to work with a wireless doorbell. They're not the same thing - the switch works by just shorting the wires together and creating a circuit, a wireless doorbell will have an RF receiver that you'd have to break out after.

That wasn't directed at you sorry. I thought I had read about a wirleless doorbell that's all - I will be buying a wired one tomorrow.

I've got the wiring diagram, just to work out how to wire the doorbell :wall: - I can't work it out, I have a wireless doorbell as well.

I know what pins go where but I don't know how to actually wire a button to the pins!!

Stuart,

I'm sorry that you feel I am being patronising, but you need to be a bit clearer in your posts if you want to get sensible answers. Firstly you tell us that you have both a normal doorbell and a wireless one. Then you say that you don't know how to wire a simple button. Finally you say that you are not familiar with the workings of a wireless bell. The first two statements led me to believe that you didn't know how a simple doorbell works and hence my response. However, it seems that you really meant you didn't know how to kludge a wireless doorbell into a contact closure, which is a long way from not knowing how to wire a button.

Since it's now clear that you know how to wire a Chilli panel, have you considered adding a second one adjacent to the lectern. It's a simple extension to the Chillinet. As Chillinet is based on CANBUS you can have several panels and dimmer racks on it, just remember to use CAT5 cable and only terminate each end of the bus with no terminations in the middle.

Edit: for SPaG.

Sorry for my replying - reading back through the thread - it is a little incoherent.

I've looked at adding an extension to the Chilli to a new one with the IR socket as well, the only problem at the moment is the price, so was looking for alternative - however I am becoming increasingly tempted to go with the new chilli.

Archived