LS9 audio expansion #2

dan slv-tech

No, the WC outs on the Octopres are only used if any of them is serving as master WC (only one WC master alowed in one setup)

In your setup the LS9 is master WC, so you should feed the WC/RG59 into each of the Octopre WC inputs,

using "T"s to continue the 'chain' and terminating at the last "T".

:)

I have now spent some time examining the WC inputs/outputs on the Octopre LE. I was under the impression from the manual that you could feed into the input of one unit and "loop through" the output to the second unit. I spoke to Focusrite technical support who agreed this is what the manual infers. In fact what happens is that if you feed into the first unit's WC input and link the output of that unit to the input of the next, both units will lock. PROVIDED THAT THE INPUTS ARE ALL 75ohm TERMINATED. This works because once the first unit locks it "regenerates" the WC signal on the output. However, it is actually simpler to chain the inputs with the last one terminated as NID suggests.

Archived