FAT FROG DOESNT WORK MY MOVING HEADS,

CHAD VALLI

Is it possible that when connected to a Frog these fixtures need something like the Zero 88 linebacker to work?

Someone round here has some Eurolite scans which will not work with DMX (well the first two channels will but after that nothing properly responds) but when a linebacker is added into the chain they work perfectly. Something to do with the DMX refresh rate being too fast for them I believe.

Could that be the same case here?

[even bigger pedant]16-bit extended means some features are 32bit [/even bigger pedant]

Off topic, but really?? That would mean them using 4 DMX channels per attribute. I have yet to see a fixture use more than 16-bit resolution on any parameter, including media servers. Do you really need 4,294,967,296 different gobo rotation speeds?

[even bigger pedant]16-bit extended means some features are 32bit [/even bigger pedant]

;)

Sorry, but that is just complete tosh. 16-bit extended mode in the Entour simply means that additional parameters are 16-bits. None are ever 32-bits.

In 16-bit mode only the pan and tilt are 16-bits. Dimmer, color and focus are still only 8-bits. Only in 16-bit extended mode do dimmer, color and focus use 16-bits.

I suggest you download the manual from here and look at the Entour DMX protocol table on pages 39-42 before making blanket statements.

You could argue that 16-bit extended gives you 48-bit control of 'colour', but there's no 32-bit attributes anywhere in any existing fixture.

There'll never be a need for greater than 16-bit control of any particular DMX attribute that wouldn't be better served by breaking it into separate attributes.

You can quote me on that!

Cant we just get back OT and stop nit picking about the whys and ways of 16bit DMX. The only 2 people to say anything sensible about it quite honestly was Peter and Boatman.

Prehaps the OP can give us an update on hows he getting on and maybe think about loading the fixture file into the desk.!

;)

Cant we just get back OT and stop nit picking about the whys and ways of 16bit DMX. The only 2 people to say anything sensible about it quite honestly was Peter and Boatman.

Prehaps the OP can give us an update on hows he getting on and maybe think about loading the fixture file into the desk.!

<_<

Hi All,

Here's where we are at, I've been onto those very nice people at ZERO 88 and they have written the fixture file and e mailed it across. We now await the meeting of the Lamps and the desk to see if we have success. What this space,

Many thanks

Andy

Archived