The one thing that really bugs me is...

Microphone thread adaptors .. can never change them without a leatherman in fact why can't the thread itself be just one standard???

I think a small wide flathead screwdriver to fit, cast as a keyring, would be one of the most useful tools I can't buy!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a small wide flathead screwdriver to fit, cast as a keyring, would be one of the most useful tools I can't buy!!

I find that the side of the oval-ish part of a fish key works quite well (not the end with the two prongs) and as it's part of my keys, it's almost always with me.

TOTTRBMI...fade times on a Sirrius 48 - an amateur venue I do some work with has one, and I keep having to remember that the fade times don't work the same was as the majority of the other desks that I'm used to.

I find that the side of the oval-ish part of a fish key works quite well (not the end with the two prongs) and as it's part of my keys, it's almost always with me.

TOTTRBMI...fade times on a Sirrius 48 - an amateur venue I do some work with has one, and I keep having to remember that the fade times don't work the same was as the majority of the other desks that I'm used to.

The key that opens an Initial roller-towel dispenser works perfectly, problem is I lost it after our last show and the towel has run out!!! :D

I have been looking for one of these for so long. I might just have to commit some treason and go with the doctored tuppence idea, or I could just wait until charles gets the throne - they'll no doubt have to put flaps on for his ears :P

My equipment gripe is the Behringer graphic that nearly electrocuted me last night then proceeded to set on fire...

And to stop people saying another word on that subject. Within the last 18 months I had no less than 2 Klark Teknik DN360's catch fire. So I't snot just cheap stuff.

I'm now the proud owner of 0 DN360s after selling the 7 I had, I don't like fires.

The one thing that really bugs me today is Aspect wheelboards. Goodness me how inaccurate do Turbo want to make them. 10 boxes, 10 wheel boards, maybe 3 fit without a damn good smacking and kicking.

My equipment gripe is the Behringer graphic that nearly electrocuted me last night then proceeded to set on fire...

Talking of which- I've not found one of these yet where the two sides of it output the same level, and the one I've been using this week, when you got to a certain level, it suddenly jumped into some mahoooosive noise... Made it kinda hard to ring out the floats...

Talking of which- I've not found one of these yet where the two sides of it output the same level, and the one I've been using this week, when you got to a certain level, it suddenly jumped into some mahoooosive noise... Made it kinda hard to ring out the floats...

interesting... I thought it was just a fault with our colleges' behringer graphic... nice to know its not just us...

TOTTRBMI... the keys on the Strand 300

Why did Strand choose something that was revolutionary on the Sinclair Z80? There is absolutely no "feel" to them. The one which I have to use in a local venue has become even more unresponsive recently and it is almost impossible to type a command without at least one character missed.

Robe 700 colour spot. The handles are on the front and back so when pan and tilt locked in their beautifully designed flight case you have to twist through 90 deg. to hang them.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Robe 700 colour spot flightcases. Why are they so damned heavy. You can overload a LWB Sprinter with 8.

Archived