The one thing that really bugs me is...

You do know you can put the hook clamps on either way round, right?

yea but the centre of the pan travel is with the display stage right and a handle on front and back. If you and a buddy want to lift one directly onto a truss with the box lid hinged away from the truss then you both have to twist

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know you can put the hook clamps on either way round, right?

yea but the centre of the pan travel is with the display stage right and a handle on front and back. If you and a buddy want to lift one directly onto a truss with the box lid hinged away from the truss then you both have to twist

Er, this MAY seem a little obvious, but just in case...

What Billy Jim meant was that - in common with most moving heads - the Omega clamps can be fitted in two positions - one at right angles to the other, meaning if you fit them at 90 degrees to how you do at present then the clamps are where you need them to be....

Or is that not what you mean?

As Doug said a while back. But I agree. It's just the age old fact that mic stands and mics, and clips last a long time and come from different areas of the world. so there has to be some method of adapting between old and new and what not. Annoying as it is.

The one thing that really bugs me ... on and off ...

is sound equipment with no signal presence indicator. There is a fair amount of kit out there that can quite easily pass audio without giving any indication on the unit that it is doing so.

And no, listening isn't the answer I want. I may want to know that a piece of kit is passing audio without people around me (the audience for example) knowing. I don't mind that meters only go down to -24, or -36, or whatever but it would be nice to have an LED that lit up from around -60 say, so that I need it was receiving signal.

singers who sway around the mic. KEEP YOUR FRIKEN HEAD STILL!

Or the one I had a few weeks ago who threw an SM58 across the stage as his grand exit, and dented MY grille.

Maybe I should have picked up one of his guitars up, and thrown it across the stage, to see if HE liked it.

But on topic to the poor post I've quoted......

Singers will not usually remain in fixed position around a microphone, it will never happen. What's the issue anyway, no singer will ever be positioned in the same spot

As the sound engineer (I assume that was your job), a compressor would helped you on this one, as would some other tools.

Why should the singer KEEP THEIR FRIKEN HEAD STILL just because you are incompetant at your job.

Maybe the one thing that really bugs me is the person who said " keep your friken head still"

This person should really not be doing what he's doing.....but he is :P

Edit to add......

And after checking the profile, Yup, he does pub gigs, well so do I, and I don't have a problem with them. as I take the correct tools for the job. And probably (maybe) know what I'm doing.

Ahem...

Before Eric (JSB) pops up again to lambast the thread, can I point to the start of the topic which says quite loudly...

(my bold & underline)

THE RULE:

For each post you may only mention one piece of equipment and the ONE most annoying feature of it (to you).

:P ;) ;)

Zero 88 Frog range (and yes, I understand that this may have been fixed in future software releases)- the fact that the wheels can just take off if you give them too fast a spin, sending your intelligent light swinging wildly round the room...

Thankfully, I don't normally have to use the Frog range much more than twice a year- so there's only a couple of opportunities for it to wind me up. :P

The isolution moving heads (I think they're the 150W discharge version) we've ended up with (not my decision...).

Hired in some Martin Mac 250 Entours this week for a show and whilst trying to get some sort of consistent programming discovered that the isolutions don't actually have the colour red :P

singers who sway around the mic. KEEP YOUR FRIKEN HEAD STILL!

Or the one I had a few weeks ago who threw an SM58 across the stage as his grand exit, and dented MY grille.

Yes I know how you feel, working at my local theatre last week and one of the acts (she was 11) forgot here words and decided to throw the mic across the stage!!! It was a PG24 and it broke something inside.

Technical Manager was not impressed!!! :P

Archived