The one thing that really bugs me is...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:P Hi All, Quartets pc's, they bug me, brilliant optics with a poor build quality,Strand hang your head in shame! The focus knob welds itself up as does any screw in the internal construction.Bring back the patt 23/123 with a decent build quality that allows maintainance/refurbishment.Fred Bentham et al must be spinning in their graves.Come back Strand we miss you.Keep it illuminated Roy

Zero 88 Frog range (and yes, I understand that this may have been fixed in future software releases)- the fact that the wheels can just take off if you give them too fast a spin, sending your intelligent light swinging wildly round the room...

Thankfully, I don't normally have to use the Frog range much more than twice a year- so there's only a couple of opportunities for it to wind me up. :)

Ill second that. :P Unfortunately I have to put up with a Fat Frog all the time. However, moving lights are a bit of a rarity.

I agree. Used the frog with movers for the first time last year. Wanted to throw it over the edge of the balcony! I only turned the wheel a bit. Why are you moving around like crazy?

I also have a frog all the time in one of our halls.

I agree. Used the frog with movers for the first time last year. Wanted to throw it over the edge of the balcony! I only turned the wheel a bit. Why are you moving around like crazy?

Just change the perameter of the sensitvity of the wheels then!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Lazy team mates.

Growl!

Been handed a couple of local teenagers as "Crew", now some can be fine, but these two have no real interest in theatre (But are failing a rather naff music tech course, which apparently qualifies them in managements eyes)....

Like kicking a dead whale down a beach it was, annoying, wrong, and largely pointless.

I apologised to the tour tech afterwards.

Regards, Dan.

Shows that change venues. After you have already measured up the first and done the full design in CAD, gotten to the point where you will be starting the set build in less than a week and then being told about the change and the accompanying budget cut.

:rolleyes:

Josh

These stupid little mini parcan things we have at school- they were the first ever lights we got and were cheap-and-cheerful (the ones that mount on a T stand)

anyway, the other day I had to change a lamp in one of them, but the stupid designer has done it so you have to hold the little fitting thing for the lamp and put the new lamp in at the same time, but they havnt made the stainless steel case thing big enough to have one hand in and put the new lamp in at the same time, so you get your hand stuck- why couldn't they have designed it so the back comes off like on a real parcan?! :P

thank god we have had the new, proper lighting system/rig installed..

Can I yet again remind people to read the first post of the topic, rather than just the topic title, before replying:

A topic to vent your frustrations about specific pieces of equipment.

THE RULE:

For each post you may only mention one piece of equipment and the ONE most annoying feature of it (to you).

The equipment must be theatre-related but can be from any discipline.

Please could we keep his topic equipment-related and not the same a sthe Pet Hates thread?

Many thanks.

CCT Silhouettes. (The big old buggers, not the turbpos which are marginally better)

These thigns arew a friggin awful. the lamp output is dismal, the optics by todays standard are bad and they are so huge they are bloody hard to get up down from a FOH position.

We have now replaced them all with source 4 zoomes, everything better but they are rather unbalanced.

We have now replaced them all with source 4 zoomes, everything better but they are rather unbalanced.

One thing that bugs me is that ETC still send S4 Zooms out without the balancing yoke to solve this...

The SGM Palco 3 Mobile

I like the Palco 3 but in true SGM style the 'mobile' bit has just been slap dashed on. If you put them down hard enough - i.e. put them down - the bodged on connector for the pan motor falls out leading the display to read 'pan fail' as if it's even worth panning the thing to begin with a whole 45 degrees in about 4 mins. Plus it weighs about 14KG and the LED's seem prone to failure.

Get an Impression by GLP instead.

That is all.

my pair of PR Solo 250 Moving heads.

They are great fixtures except for that they only pan 355deg but if I manually manipulate the head I can force it to go the extra few deg's to make that magical 370deg of pan that was advertised.

can sometimes get annoying when that place I want to hit is only a tiny bit off and then it comes to the end :)

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

oh and the focusing slides on a Prolite Profile Manufactured in Australia.

Never try to focus the things whilst the lamps are at 100% they go instantaneously so far the blown lamp count from this happening is 4.

Selecon Acclaim colour runner catches. You have to pull the catch towards you to release it, while at the same time pushing it away from you to lift the lid - which means that most of the time nothing happens at all.

And CCT minutte barn doors....

Archived