multiplay on windows 7

koens

Hey

I really like multiplay-software! I'm using it on an XP laptop/system and everything seems to work just fine. But now I've got a new laptop with windows 7 and noting seems to work.

I can make playlists, but when I click on the GO-button everything freezes.

I tryed to run in in compatibility mode, but the same problem exist...

Is there somebody who can help me?

greats

My wife just got a nice little netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit) so, as an experiment, I loaded up Multiplay--and, on a quick check, it all seems to work fine.

Now I just have to explain to her why her spiffing new toy has some of hubby's software on it!

Bob

• 1 year later...

I had a performance today...2 hours before curtain up - everything fine audio wise... 30 seconds 'till curtain up - I thought I'd better do a quick sound check, just in case...turns out that multiplay was indeed crashing when the GO button was pressed. (WHAT DA ACTUAL F&%$ !) Luckily I had an SCS demo on my machine, so I threw a few tracks on there and it worked...It was a very close call. Not fun.

I was running windows 7 64bit on a dell laptop. Never had a problem before...but now I do not trust multiplay. GRRR.

I had a performance today...2 hours before curtain up - everything fine audio wise... 30 seconds 'till curtain up - I thought I'd better do a quick sound check, just in case...turns out that multiplay was indeed crashing when the GO button was pressed. (WHAT DA ACTUAL F&%$ !) Luckily I had an SCS demo on my machine, so I threw a few tracks on there and it worked...It was a very close call. Not fun.

I was running windows 7 64bit on a dell laptop. Never had a problem before...but now I do not trust multiplay. GRRR.

What kind of files were you using? I had issues with .wav files a couple of weeks ago. played 320kb/s mp3 fine, but skipped and looped when playing wav.

I'll download it and try it on a couple of machines over the next couple of days. One is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with default soundcard, the other is Windows 7 32 Bit with an M-Audio soundcard.

I'll let you know if/what problems I run in to.

It could well be that it's a 64 bit-ism.

Are you using Windows 7 with Service Pack 1?

This certainly resolved many issues for me - for example WYG not working unless my soundcard driver was disabled!

Archived