AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

New version (2.4.7.0) released just now. A few new features, some changes and some fixes.

Noticed something odd in the new version and a previous version. I created a list, then realized I had missed a cue, so inserted it. When I selected the preceding cue to the insert and activated the preceeding cue, both cues activated.

Also, drag n drop doesn't appear to work in Win7 (older versions seemed to work in Win7)

Is it possible to select groups of cues and change the default properties such as fade out?

Ian

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noticed something odd in the new version and a previous version. I created a list, then realised I had missed a cue, so inserted it. When I selected the preceding cue to the insert and activated the preceding cue, both cues activated.

I've not seen that myself. The only thing I can think of is that you had the Advance Action (of the preceding cue) set to Start Play or End Play?

Also, drag n drop doesn't appear to work in Win7 (older versions seemed to work in Win7)

Sorry, I don't have a Windows 7 machine to test on yet.

Is it possible to select groups of cues and change the default properties such as fade out?

Yes, I have it on my "to-do" list, but it's some time away yet. It will be a bulk properties editor and act in a similar manner to when you change mp3 file tags in Windows.

Noticed something odd in the new version and a previous version. I created a list, then realized I had missed a cue, so inserted it. When I selected the preceding cue to the insert and activated the preceeding cue, both cues activated.

I've seen that too, though I'd been copying and pasting a fair bit. I found if I copied and pasted a set of cues (in this case, 4 that played into each other, with time delays for the starts of each cue), triggering the first set of 4 in the sequence would SOMETIMES trigger the second set of four as well.

My workaround - I inserted the second set of cues from scratch and sorted out the timings again. I don't recall it happening with just normal cues, but I didn't have to go back and re-insert any so probably wouldn't have seen it.

This was on the previous version to this latest one. Also occasionally a cue would end but not advance. The Go button would stay red and I'd have to select the next cue manually.

Sorry, I didn't realise multiple file drag & drop is broken in 2.4.7.0 and probably the one before. (just checked now) I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

EDIT: Just had a look. Now I remember why multi-file drops don't work any more. It all went bad when I moved to a separate cue list window a while back. Will put it back on the list to get going.

This is fixed in the upcoming release. It's even better now as you can drop mixed files on the cue list and it will insert the appropriate types automatically.

David, I have just upgraded from version 2.0.7.1 to version 2.4.7.0. Wow, quite a few changes in the space of a year! My main problem however is that the new version only seems to accept mp3 files and not mp4. It will preview mp4s if I insert a blank audio cue, then select the required mp4 in the properties box, but it still won't play in the cue list.

Hi, just upgraded to the latest version of multiplay. (Great product!)

I just use it to do stabs of music, first press on the keyboard track starts, second press the track stops. I have noticed that if I leave Multiplay and work on stuff in other windows, email, web etc when I return to it the first press works but the second doesn't. The only way to start the program and have it run properly is to do a restart the application. This fault doesn't happen all the time and therefore I appreciate that it is hard for you to solve but thought you should have info.

Thanks for the product and keep up the good work.

On a similair note, I'm still finding that upon first opening of the software, the first "GO" can be a bit slugish. To the point where a few nights ago I decided I'd not pressed properly, pressed again and got 2 cues playing!

...still not accepting mp4s :)...it will however accept them in a playlist

Hmmmm... worked for me. As it's not an audio file, you'll have to select "All Files" in the open file dialog to be able to select it.

I've tried that and it won't accept it. Maybe a clue here as to what's going on: I can put an mp4 into an empty audio cue and preview it, but it shows the start and stop position both as zero and therefore flags up an error in the cue list. It won't let me set the stopposition above zero.

Archived