AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

That seems to have cured all the little problems that I have experienced in the last few versions. I have spotted another bug . When I select another existing production it does not pick up the cue list, displaying the one that was in use prior to selecting the new one. The production properties displays the newly selected title. I have checked that I have not overwritten any of my XLM show files with the wrong contents.

Hmmm... I thought I killed that bug. What happens if you close MultiPlay (don't save if prompted) and re-open?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[

Hmmm... I thought I killed that bug. What happens if you close MultiPlay (don't save if prompted) and re-open?

It opens the original show, regardless of the attempt to open another production prior to closing.

Brian

Sigh. Always with the bugs! I'll look into it! :** laughs out loud **:

EDIT:

Seems there is a problem with productions created with older versions. They are causing an error and halting production file loading when opened. I'm on the trail, but not certain how to resolve it yet.

In the meantime, go into General Configuration and deselect "Reload Last Cue List On Startup". This may allow you to load other production files.

EDIT 2:

Just found the cause. Working on the solution now.

I have downloaded the latest version, v2.4.8.5, and the hotkey mode when set to "release" is now working fine. :rolleyes:

But it still won't play MP4 files as a single audio cue. However, they can be inserted and played as a playlist. I'm guessing my codecs are ok in that case? Does anyone else have this problem?

Another bug I've come across is in the hotkey 2nd press mode: if it is set to "fade out" all it does is stop the cue the first time it is used and then doesn't do anything with subsequent usage. It works fine if set to "stop" or "pause".

...But it still won't play MP4 files as a single audio cue. However, they can be inserted and played as a playlist. I'm guessing my codecs are ok in that case?

Hi Iain,

Are you saying you can't choose an mp4 file for an audio cue, or that you do but it won't actually play?

I'll add *.mp4 to the audio and video file selection filters, so you can select them without having to change to "All Files".

Either way I can play them fine, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Are you saying you can't choose an mp4 file for an audio cue, or that you do but it won't actually play?

I'll add *.mp4 to the audio and video file selection filters, so you can select them without having to change to "All Files".

Either way I can play them fine, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I can choose an mp4 file from the list but multiplay gives me a warning saying "one or more tracks could not be added". I'll download the new version anyway.

ok just done that and no change.

The files I am trying to use are .m4a files which I believe is the audio layer of mpeg4 files.

I believe .mp4 and .m4a are both extensions for the same file type. It might be worth renaming a file with the .mp4 extension to see if that works.

Bob

Aha. Bingo!! That works. :oops: Is it therefore possible to incorporate .m4a files into the next version too?

And would it also work for .m4p files too?

I click on the "insert audio cue" icon at the top of the cue list window. Then I select the required .m4a file from the dialog box and click "open". A warning box then opens, stating "one or more tracks could not be added".

However, if I change the name of any .m4a file to .mp4 and then try the above, it inserts into the cuelist ok.

Archived