AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to allow the gain of audio files to be increased, as well as decreased? i.e. for when someone provides a file which is quieter than other cues...?

David

I think the way round that one is to go into general configuration and under "cues" there is a setting for volume in the new cue defaults box. Set that to say -10dB and then every new cue loaded will automatically be at -10dB giving you a bit of headroom to play with.

There is no +dB settings available, so your two choices would be:

• Use your favourite audio editor to fix the track
  • Use a lower default level for all other tracks

Personally, I would fix the offending track(s).

Ok, thank you, this is what I have been doing, I just thought it might be a useful feature to be able to "mix" all the cues within multiplay to their required level.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! First of all let me express my gratitude for multiplay as it has been an absolute lifesaver during a training period of our upcoming theatrepiece here in Finland.

One thing baffles me though: I can't seem to make the Notes window to work. I try to type in text, but nothing happens (except that current cue starts to play when I hit spacebar). Have I misunderstood the concept of that window or is there a beast in the machine? My OS is Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

And while we're at it support for 48Khz/24/32bit Wav's would be awesome.

And I apologise, if this post is in a wrong place or otherwise inappropriate.

Best regards, HZ

One thing baffles me though: I can't seem to make the Notes window to work. I try to type in text, but nothing happens (except that current cue starts to play when I hit spacebar). Have I misunderstood the concept of that window or is there a beast in the machine? My OS is Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

There is a bug in a previous version where the trigger keys (such as space bar) interfere with notes and other editing. Please download the latest version and see how you go.

And while we're at it support for 48Khz/24/32bit Wav's would be awesome.

Sample depths other than 8 and 16 bit are not supported by the current audio engine. This may change in the future, but I don't have a time line for it.

There is a bug in a previous version where the trigger keys (such as space bar) interfere with notes and other editing. Please download the latest version and see how you go.

Hi!

Thanks for a quick reply. I have the newest version 2.4.9.1 installed and the problem persists. I can't type anything in note field. It doesn't respond to any keypress (a few times I've been able to type in asdasdasd). I wonder if this has something to do with OS locale? I have an english version of win7 but my keyboard layout is Finnish. I changed the keyboard layout to English(US) from windows settings with no luck, tho.

Please excuse me if I'm insulting your intelligence, but are you trying to type into the "notes window" as opposed to the "notes tab" in the cue properties window?

Please excuse me if I'm insulting your intelligence, but are you trying to type into the "notes window" as opposed to the "notes tab" in the cue properties window?

Huh. What? You think I would be that stupid? WHAT KIND OF A DIMWIT WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

Ok, I guess there's no way I can save myself here. That's exactly what I was trying to do. Excuse me while I go and bang myself in the head with a large cucumber.

Sorry for wasting your time. You can start laughing about now.

I had an interesting one when cutting a cue short the other day. I wanted to chop just short of a second off of the cue at the beginning. I found that when working in milliseconds it had no effect at all on the cue - it still began at the same place. Even up to 90 milliseconds. I then went to 1 second in the next box along, zeroed the milliseconds, and it cut second off. Appears the milliseconds bo isn't working.

Unfortunately my PC was sat in the theatre at the time (and still is) and I was in a rush, so I haven't tried it on other cues. It may have been a one-off or it may be a bug.

Archived