AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

I had the clock time, remain track time and elapsed track time windows open and some time after starting the program

these windows disappear and can not be re displayed (even though they are marked in the View menu).

The windows re appear only after re starting MP.

That is an odd one. Can't say I've seen it or have any idea on what may have caused it. Were you moving the windows at the time they disappeared?

No, this happened mid show while doing nothing to the time/clock windows, just vanished into thin screen(...) :D

Also, in one of the productions (heaving some 40 music ques...) sometimes, at random and for no apparent reason,

instead of advancing to the next que/line (as programmed), the program/pointer would jump some 4 to 6 que lines at once .

If it helps, whenever this happened, it was always in the third quarter of the que list (around lines 30 to 35).

I've have one other user say they thought the selected cue position jumped a few times. They suspected the mouse scroll wheel and were going to change the mouse out. I've not heard anything about it since.

If anyone can reproduce either of these reported bugs, please let me know the exact details and I'll do some digging.

I'll run the program this weekend at home and see if I can make it happen again.

Thanks,

:D

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, in one of the productions (heaving some 40 music ques...) sometimes, at random and for no apparent reason,

instead of advancing to the next que/line (as programmed), the program/pointer would jump some 4 to 6 que lines at once .

If it helps, whenever this happened, it was always in the third quarter of the que list (around lines 30 to 35).

I've have one other user say they thought the selected cue position jumped a few times. They suspected the mouse scroll wheel and were going to change the mouse out. I've not heard anything about it since.

If anyone can reproduce either of these reported bugs, please let me know the exact details and I'll do some digging.

This was a problem that I experienced on several occasions. I eventually ruled out the mouse scroll wheel. Since then I have reinstalled Windows and have used all Multiplay versions from 2.3.0.0 onward without a hitch. I can confirm that the jumping used to start around cue 35 but not consistently. If you are using a production file that started life prior to version 2.3.0.0 you may want to rebuild it from scratch. This is not based on any proven fact but instinct!

Brian

Some of the things I want to do next are beyond the current audio engine.

I've started playing with the BASS libraries and will have a new version using them ready for beta testing soon.

If anyone is interested in helping test it, please let me know. Thank you.

Some of the things I want to do next are beyond the current audio engine.

I've started playing with the BASS libraries and will have a new version using them ready for beta testing soon.

If anyone is interested in helping test it, please let me know. Thank you.

Count me in, after all the work that you have put in, the least we can do is to try and break it for you! :D

Brian

If you are using a production file that started life prior to version 2.3.0.0 you may want to rebuild it from scratch.

Thanks Brian,

This production que list was created and runs on V2.4.0.0

On a side note, I haven't encountered these jumps on my other production that has (only) 16 ques.

:D

I seem to have broken the video playback, I was trying it out and every time that I try to play back a video cue containing an avi file the whole program just crashes. I ave tried it with3 different avi files of varying length, any ideas?

I'll run the program this weekend at home and see if I can make it happen again.

Well, I downloaded V2.4.3.0 and run the problematic show on it a few times.

I couldn't get the random jumps to happen. Hopefully this isn't an issue any more.

I did however find another bugy.

When fading a que (using 'Fade All' function) the list is advanced to the next line (my default configuration is End Advance to the next que).

But, if while the fading is in progress, I press the 'Stop All' function, the que line is advanced again, thus skipping the correct/next line.

I would think that while fading is in progress, instant stopping of the que should be possible

but the advancing order associated with it should be disabled, as it is already issued by the fade function.

:)

When fading a que (using 'Fade All' function) the list is advanced to the next line (my default configuration is End Advance to the next que).

But, if while the fading is in progress, I press the 'Stop All' function, the que line is advanced again, thus skipping the correct/next line.

I would think that while fading is in progress, instant stopping of the que should be possible

but the advancing order associated with it should be disabled, as it is already issued by the fade function.

I hadn't considered that a user would follow a Fade All with a Stop All, but you're correct that it should only do one advance. Consider it fixed in the next release.

I hadn't considered that a user would follow a Fade All with a Stop All, but you're correct that it should only do one advance. Consider it fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

While it may not be a valid situation in which an instant stop would be called for during a fade, I just happened to find the bug

because I have the 'Stop' and 'Fade' keys beside each other on my external pad and just happen to hit the 'Stop' right after the 'Fade'.

When testing for the condition you found, I also noticed that the Fade All could be activated more than once. (while already fading) I have changed that so once the Fade All is activated, it becomes disabled (greyed out) until the cue list is restarted.

BTW, version 2.5.0.2 (beta for new audio engine) is here if anyone wants to try it. Just remember that it is a beta, so please make a backup of your production files first!

When testing for the condition you found, I also noticed that the Fade All could be activated more than once. (while already fading) I have changed that so once the Fade All is activated, it becomes disabled (greyed out) until the cue list is restarted.

I think this may have been the source for the whole line jump 'bug'...

I tried re pressing the 'Fade' key while fading was in progress, and each key press would indeed advance the que line, same as pressing the 'Stop' key.

I guess at the live shows I had, the director (operating MP through the pad) may have had a 'heavy' finger on the 'Fade' key,

producing successive commands that advanced the que line accordingly.

Just a quick note to say that there's quite a few bugs in the 2.5.0.x beta, so don't use it for a real production!

I've gotten some feedback from beta testers which has been most helpful. Can I ask that beta feedback be emailed to me please? That way I can keep track of it all in the one place. Thank you.

Archived