How can I achieve this light effect?

Mark M

How about rope light in coils, attached to the shell half way between the two skins? Many sorts available, including colour changing.

I've used a (cheapish) self-adhesive LED strip designed for architectural use under DMX control in set pieces before ... just a strip of LEDs with some tape on the back, peel it off stick it around the inside of the drum ? might work in a similar way... but probably wouldn't be terribly even looking.

LED par still sounds like a good suggestion to me :)

Hi

Having stripped an LED Par last week and seeing what is inside of them there is alot of wasted space,

You could take the insides out and put 2 of the LED Panels back to back, have the transformers and DMX control on the bottom of the drum,

you would have to extend the cable from the DMX control board to the LED panel, but that is not too much work.

And a bit of difussion

My thoughts from the bottom of Africa

You could take the insides out and put 2 of the LED Panels back to back, have the transformers and DMX control on the bottom of the drum,

you would have to extend the cable from the DMX control board to the LED panel, but that is not too much work.

And a bit of difussion

My thoughts from the bottom of Africa

Good thought, though fiddly. A lot easier is to buy 2 KAM LED par panels and put them back to back! Even 2 together would fit easily inside a bass drum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived