What to see at PLASA?

Brian

Guest lightnix
At the risk of double posting: Stand D97, Schnickschnack Systems for DMX wireless systems and LED tiles. I haven't seen it yet, but will be dropping by there today to see the boss, Erhardt Lehmann, who is an old mate.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got 10 lanyards now and a desk piled full of brochures

Not that theres a competition I got 13 lanyards and my brochures weigh in at 15kg....

It was a great show - there was a lot to see, and perhaps I wasn't prepared well. I didn't really have time to speak to the people on many stands, but I got the general idea. It was also nice to speak to a few fellow Blue Roomers in the hall (unfortunately I couldn't make the meet as we had to leave at 3pm).

I did enjoy the le Maitre demo upstairs - very interesting as I have never worked with pyro before. Shame there was no confetti going up though....

I have to be honest though and say that I don't think the new Frog 2 will win over the other major desks out there at the moment - although it may be very easy to use. I am still not sure.

Anyway, I will definately be going next year - and I will hopefully have longer to see things properly!

Best Wishes,

David

the Frog II was worth looking at

You think so?! Let's be honest, in its present state it's just a Wholehog2 in a fancy box with some extra masters and macro buttons. It may well evolve between now and its launch date into something a lot more cutting-edge - but in its current state there's absolutely nothing remarkable about it that I could see. Sorry, Z88 chaps, no offence - but as far as I can tell there's nothing about it that's in any way new or 'cutting-edge'.

The Jands Vista (great desk!) is deffiently worth a look as well!!

Now I'll agree with that. In the words of Peter Kay ... "That's a taste sensation, that! That's the future!". :)

Not that theres a competition I got 13 lanyards and my brochures weigh in at 15kg....

So what? Does anyone really care how many free lanyards you managed to take home?

(DSA)

So what? Does anyone really care how many free lanyards you managed to take home?

Sorry, it was meant as a sort of joke to sam - clearly didn't work. Lets be honest though; lanyards are pretty useful - but you can only wear one at once!

This is really quite petty now.

However I enjoyed the show. I hope the meet went well. Sounds like Peter got up to some shinnanigans with the barmaid...

David

I managed to have a little play with the Chamsys MagicQ desk. Very impressive piece of kit for the price. Some nice touches too, such as the tray to keep the gooseneck lights in, the anodised front panel and the USB memory. I am looking foward to trying with real lights.

Guest lightnix
...lanyards are pretty useful - but you can only wear one at once!
On, I don't know... I saw a good few people there yesterday wearing two or three, even those who should be old enough to know better :)

Ahhh lanyards... the rock 'n' roll equivalent of a huge bunch of keys :o

I stuffed my badge firmly in my pocket the minute it had been scanned and managed to leave with with zero swag, no lanyards and brochures weighing in at less than 50 grammes. All in all a most successful afternoon :)

Archived