What to see at PLASA?

Brian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats how I missed you then....I could only go on 'names on badges'!

David

ahhh but I saw you... well some guys from pates grammar school anyway. Admittedly walked in the other direction though ;-). Interesting stuff...... 3D tv's upstairs near the LeMaitre demo, Brilliant concept! the LeMaitre Demo was good, also upstairs, the guy selling the 'super wrenches' managed to get 30 squids out of me for a set and I'm very impressed!

other stuff.... the Clay Paky Alpha range (Alpha Wash, Spot and Spot HPE) demo was awesome... completely gobsmacked by the Alpha Wash which puts out at 5 degree to 80 degree! also the little stuff like the inline battery to allow you to address them with no power to them, the morphing on the gobo's was awesome to!

Avo was as ever brilliant, managed to have a play with the D4 and a couple of of the above Alpha Spot HPE's. Scotted across to Martin and looked at the maxedia which was quite impressive in some aspects but I think the touch screen was very hard to get to grips with... certainly a good rival to catalyst though!

Also managed to find the Rosco stand to pick up my sample of Light Relief Yellow.

the Clay Paky Alpha range (Alpha Wash, Spot and Spot HPE) demo was awesome... completely gobsmacked by the Alpha Wash which puts out at 5 degree to 80 degree! also the little stuff like the inline battery to allow you to address them with no power to them, the morphing on the gobo's was awesome to!

Ah, yes, I agree completely with that. The zoom range on the wash is quite awesome, and the battery system for configuring the units in the flightcase without applying mains is a stroke of genius. Anyone who's ever had to work their way along a seemingly endless row of open Mac cases with a 16A hot-feed in their hand and their fingers seized claw-like into the shape required to hold down Menu and Enter will know what I'm talking about .... :)

Archived