Batteries: Procell vs duracell plus

mozart999uk

Some of the fast chargers can be quite picky with rechargeable batteries that are getting older and exhibiting a slightly higher internal resistance. The charger sees the battery voltage shoot up under the high charge current and then rejects it. Putting the same cell into a slow charger can yield a full proper charge.

The newer Eneloop style cells that are basically NiMh cells but with an extremely low self discharge are very good.

Forget Duracell. I recently did a capacity test on a range of cells and one of the cells in a pack of 2 gave a result of 400mAh versus the 1.7Ah of the other cell in the pack. (well in date too.)

On the other hand the Fusiomax Endurance cells from Poundland of all places yielded the highest capacity I've ever had in the test.

Looking at the packaging of Duracell it says "Lasts longer. MUCH LONGER*". Note the asterisk at the end of that statement. In ultra small print on the back it says "Compared to a Zinc Carbon cell." <_<

Here's a good site for Alkaline cell comparisons and tests:-

http://www.batteryshowdown.com/

And here's a link to my much simpler recent tests.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived