New Nexo cabs

ChazHS

IMO the basic question is - what is the system is used for? If it's, with the greatest respect, a wee system that you take out yourself to do small gigs, local bands, corporate functions and the chances are that you'll be the one who operates it 80-90% of the time then buy the amps and processing combo that works for you in the sonic and pocket areas - after all, if you are happy with the quality and sound of the product then what does it matter what me or Rob or anyone else says.

If you're planing on dry hire though then I'd suggest that it'll be an easier sell to customers to have the recognised equipment partnered together. Imagine you tried to hire some d&b Q and the amp racks that turned up weren't D12s - you'd be worried about it and you'd want the hire company to justify themselves (d&b would too I think). Nexo has never been like that (although they may well go that way over time now they are owned by Yamaha) which is in some ways a bonus because for certain aplications you can tailor the amps to the situation and/or budget - but it also adds a degree of variability into the situation eg. a PS15 running off a Vortex2.6 does not sound the same as running off a Vortex6.

IMO the basic question is - what is the system is used for? If it's, with the greatest respect, a wee system that you take out yourself to do small gigs, local bands, corporate functions and the chances are that you'll be the one who operates it 80-90% of the time then buy the amps and processing combo that works for you in the sonic and pocket areas - after all, if you are happy with the quality and sound of the product then what does it matter what me or Rob or anyone else says.

If you're planing on dry hire though then I'd suggest that it'll be an easier sell to customers to have the recognised equipment partnered together. Imagine you tried to hire some d&b Q and the amp racks that turned up weren't D12s - you'd be worried about it and you'd want the hire company to justify themselves (d&b would too I think). Nexo has never been like that (although they may well go that way over time now they are owned by Yamaha) which is in some ways a bonus because for certain aplications you can tailor the amps to the situation and/or budget - but it also adds a degree of variability into the situation eg. a PS15 running off a Vortex2.6 does not sound the same as running off a Vortex6.

...............................well this has gone horribly wrong hasn't it............................. I'll have a look at what I've pressed....

Doug with reference to the bold type above Nexo have always been like that you need a nexo controller to run the boxes properly, I've seen and heard various attempts with non-Nexo processor on Nexo boxes and the result have without exception been dire and makes blowing drivers far more likely.

With reference to using Itechs or Macrotech I's is to run them then the macros would be a better bet as you wouldnt be using the dsp in an Itech anyway. IMHO any decent amp of appropriate output would do fine.

Charlie

Rob - sorry, I didn't mean to offend, what I meant was it doesn't matter what other people say if you're happy with the sound yourself. I referenced you as the previous poster and also a respected member of the forum.

Charlie - no Nexo have never told you what amps to use although the generic amps in the diagram example systems always up until the NX4s looked like Camco Vortexs. They have always insisted on the processor, absolutley and I was never suggesting to not use the processor.

The general consensus seems to be that I should use some Camco's to run this system, either that or Nexo's own 4x4 amp.

The only reason I suggested the Crown's is because I already have some XTi's and it kind of made sense to get more of the same. I've heard the Camco's before and they are nice so I might just go with those, either them or maybe some MC2 amps?

NO NO NO NO NO. I managed to press something random when I tried to quote a post that's all. Nobody has offended me, it's very difficult to do that. I've just not managed to work out what I did and not had 5 minutes to re write what I did.

Archived