Installation dimmers

rooftop

I would stick with Strand if you want quality,

Remember Strand have been around for a long time,

But the strand we have now ain't the strand we had then.

Agreed - the strand dimmers now are far superior to STM's !

The point here is that the company is no longer the same it is now part of Phillips and so while the name may be the same thats about all that is, it is a different company.

Are Strand and Paradime dimmers still from same factory?

This was only ever the case for one product that was a Paradime made by Light Processor for Strand in a different case. Light Processor are now part of the Coopers group as are Zero88 and Ilight and these are all made in the Coopers factory (the old Zero88 factory) in Wales.

Are the fans on the ETC sensor racks loud enough to prohibit the rack being installed side of stage?

Yes, easily, and the dimmer room really wants a lobby if it opens off anywhere critical.

There is an acoustic hood available, but I don't know how good it is (We did not have the headroom in the rack room to accommodate it).

They (at least the 96 way version) are also quite tall, and need some space above for the exhaust air, so be a bit careful about placement.

Regards, Dan.

- Fan that sounds like a hovercraft

I would personally go for the ETC Sensor Rack as I know a venue that has one and they have never had any problems with it (that I know of) but I do agree with Dmills :rolleyes: , the fans are load and randomly speed up and slow down, even when its not doing anything!

• 3 weeks later...
* Zero88 Chilli 24x 10A plus a couple of other bits to do the 5kW and non-dim

Can't say lots on the subject, but a Chilli dimmer has the added ability of the Chilli system - A series of presets available from wall mounted panels. This can be a great help for house and backstage lighting.

Archived