Fit up Timelapse videos

micpool

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom - If you don't mind, I'll give these two links to a school I'm going to this week who don't know the high standards National Diploma production work can be. I have to say that's two of your sets being built you've shared and I can tell people that proper sets can be built that look good!

This is what happens when you have 1 professional photographer and 1 semi pro photographer (me) working on a fitup...

http://exposureroom.com/members/hollyonlin...ee407d9069bb21/

Cameras:

Nikon D3

Nikon D300s

Nikon D200

Lenses:

Nikon 10.5/2.8 fisheye

Nikon 17-35/2.8

Nikon 12-24/4

Nikon 20/2.8

Sigma 10-20

Nikon 35/1.8

There SHOULD be 5 videos up now. 3 builds and one is a build / change over which is from a few years ago which was HELL 3 shows in 3 weeks. 2 indoors with rebuilds/paints, then 1 outside with a week of rehearsals. (see the giant wobbley puppets)
Tom - If you don't mind, I'll give these two links to a school I'm going to this week who don't know the high standards National Diploma production work can be. I have to say that's two of your sets being built you've shared and I can tell people that proper sets can be built that look good!

On the subject of fit-up timelapses, here's a small cautionary tale:

Our client this week brought in a guy to do a timelapse of the fit-up for their event. We talked it through, all technical issues were fine, so off they go. Then, later this weekend, one of my crew called me on my mobile. They didn't feel comfortable being on the video - and it is their right to refuse to be on a publically-broadcast piece of video. It never occurred to me that some people might have an objection to that.

So, timelapse cancelled. Today's lesson is: get the permission of everyone who will be in the video before you rent/setup anything!

I too found this. I thought one member of the crew was joking when he said he didn't want to have the camera on him, but he was serious. Nice, polite, but adamant. We just made certain we didn't include him and all was well. It's just a surprise when people have real issues with video, but it's their right, and we have to respect it.

• 3 years later...

http://youtu.be/S9LOhqsPSTE

Thread necromancy, because I just stumbled across this!

It isn't a fit-up, but there's a lot of painting going on and the film itself is stunning:

Wowsers. That's a pretty awesome video - very 'busy', but I really like the way it's shot.

Just to drag us back on topic - one of our flymen is a bit of a camera geek, and here's the timelapse that he shot of our panto fit-up last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L50pev8WMZI

• 2 months later...

We created a time-lapse video of our recent Royal Albert Hall auditorium PA upgrade for an in-house launch party. The cameras were rolling for 6 days and the video covered removing the old cluster and cabling, running new cables, final amp rack fit-up, cabinet unboxing/ installation and acoustical alignment.

People have been saying we should put it online, so we've edited it down (the original was over 11 minutes!), given it a common licence soundtrack and uploaded it to YouTube...

Archived