Retro gear - outrageous prices!

paulears

Not a great deal.

And slightly OT the lantern's upside down (olour frame spring clip at the bottom?) though as I doubt that really matters in this application!

It's not retro, it's called jumping on the bandwagon!

And not very well, if I'm honest.

Even the relatively small weight of a par 56 is going to be a tad too heavy for a stand such as that one...

Even better, its a brand new Showtec PAR56 (£10each?) on a cymbal stand.

As the buyer states it takes a BC bulb, it's a modified Showtec PAR 56, and hence the CE marking is probably no longer valid.

I was just in Bath and there is a new shop there selling amazing retro lighting kit. Some big ol' Furze and Mole Richardson jobbies, plus some incredible looking stuff that looks like it was taken off a Greek naval vessel circa 1945 - but what got me was the Patt 23s on stands for £800 each, I used to own some of them. Gave them away years ago!

Sheesh..but I spoke to the guy running the store (not the owner) and he said they are doing really well. There'e supply and demand for you. However, this is Bath we are talking about. Place prolly wouldnt be doing so great in Middlesborough.

If you manage to sell a new, upside down par on a cymbal stand for £150, then you probably deserve the £150...

Ya' know.... for the cost of say a mic stand (dunno nofink about cymbal stands ;) ), a cheap silver PAR and one of dem brass lamp holders from B&Q, oh, and a bulb, blub or whatever you call them :P

I'm thinking it might actually be worth a try! :** laughs out loud **:

Archived