Sennheiser Presentation series Radio Mic

Bazz339

The problem with lapel radio mics is that the gain on the mixer has to be turned up higher than when used with an handheld mic and so noise/interference issues are easily heard.

Mixer gains are the same in this case. Whilst a tie clip mic's channel input gain may have to be higher to achieve the same volume as a hand held it is often not possible particularly in systems without an operator before the feedback thereshold is reached.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

As mutes are sometimes a shorting switch across the mic, maybe shorting the electret drive would be a bad plan, so please go carefully if it is an electret.

A simple mute switch would not but there are circuits.

Thank you for the input folks. It would seem a noise on switch off is to be expected, I still wonder whether what I am experiencing is beyond the norm and will investigate further. It is too loud and I cannot let it pass.

If the thump is inherent then I think it is major design flaw in these budget mics which are used without operators a lot. The noise I am experiencing if through say a pokey system used for aerobics could lead to speaker damage.

Unfortunately I have run out of time to deal with this for the time being. If anyone has anything to add feel free to do so I will not be able to participate for a few days. Suggestions for other economical mics that I should consider around the £100-200 trade?

Archived