Truss Spotting

taffymonster

:** laughs out loud **: Cheers all for the advice.

To be honest my biggest worry was climbing the flimmin caving ladder, but it all worked out fine (despite the massive cheer from the I guess 30,000 odd crowd). No way would I have had time to make or attach sights it was up, pull up ladder, comms check and standby...

So in actual fact the only thing I took up with me was my pass in my pocket (under my leg loop ;-)

The luminaire itself was totally controlled by the LD - I was only pointing: lots of colour changes (it had a scroller of some sort it was difficult to examine it from the chair) and plenty of blackouts and changes in intensity too.

I was picking up the SR guitarist (who did look up when I was dimmed to black at one point smile and thumbs up - I took that as a thanks of some sort to be fair I wasn't expecting that!), there were 2 truss spots on the lead singer and for subtlety and above arguments' sake there were a few times when there were profile spots in colour (EG from slightly USL of him in blue) and only the SR F/S open (white) on him creating what I guess from my position was quite nice face lighting.

Didn't strap into the chair anyway I was clipped into the truss by 2 lanyards and would have had trouble reaching the FS to control it in any way decently if I had been. Felt nice and secure as I was in swaying truss and the gusting wind was nicely offset by my legs being in the path of 1 of the molefays.

Even got a little extra climbing experience in as the fall arrest was stuck when we were ready to descend and my colleage right next to me couldn't reach it so I climbed half up onto the truss.

All in all a most worthwhile experience and I should be asked to do it again.

Thanks to the neg earth boys for looking after us in our briefing and via comms, and to the Stereophonics for putting on the show.

Cheers for all your advice, hope my feedback was alright

taffy

PS when I did finally get back to terra firma my priorities (in order) were as follows:

Piss

Tea

Fag

:) :up:

Archived